#1 EWW

EWW

Regular, normal human being

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26197 posts
  • LocationSomewhere special

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:04 PM

I just finished 11 gallons of DIPA - 1.100 wort with 1.75 lbs of FWH and late hop additions ... who else is brewing this weekend?

#2 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:33 PM

10+ gal of a slightly hoppy Am Wheat. 1.051 and 40+ IBUs - Magnum and Cents - FWH. 50/50 pale/wheat with some caravienne. Pretty much a house usual - backed off for summer sessions.Surprisingly, it went well - cold sober... :cheers:

#3 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

Planning to brewing up the Belgian IPA that I put up in the recipe swap this week. Decided to go with Wyeast 3522 Belgian Ardens. Looking forward to this brew, should mash in bright and early tomorrow morning. Anyone used this yeast before as well? Advice?

#4 BuxomBrewster

BuxomBrewster

Snow White

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8765 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:34 PM

I want to. We'll see if the weather and a trip to the in-laws affect things. If I'm lucky it'll be a British brown ale and Ken's Cabana Lager. Otherwise, just one of them.

#5 Bigeasy

Bigeasy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:53 PM

I'm hoping for Sunday... forgive me Lord,for I have not brewed in 3 weeks,and according to my need for beer schedule,I need to get a batch in the pipe.IPA bittered with Chinook,some Zues,Cent,Simcoe and Casc at KO.Today I treated myself to a mix six of commercial IPA's.I don't mean to brag but there are 4 left and I switched back to my late charge Galena IPA.I prefer my own beer.There I said it.*still furiously covets the sn torpedo*

#6 chefmiller

chefmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:09 PM

I'm brewing an APA tomorrow with the afore-mentioned Pacman yeast, northern brewer, summit, palisade, and glacier. I'm really looking forward to what this yeast will do, the starter is very healthy. This beer is probably going to act as a starter of sorts for a partigyle ten gallon batch of barleywine and bitter.

#7 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:05 AM

I need to keg a MLPA, tranfer a blonde ale to secondary, and brew up 6g of fat tire this weekend.

#8 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64149 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:32 AM

I'm gonna can some starter wort tonight...a few more weeks until the brewing commences.

#9 davelew

davelew

Comptroller of ACMSO That Are Not Beans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19235 posts
  • LocationReading, Massachusetts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

I brewed 6 gallons of a 1.090 RIS with two friends, and afterwards we decided to brew an impromptu session stout with the second runnings. We got about 3 gallons of a 1.036 session stout for the cost of 1 lb of DME and 1.5 oz of Fuggles.

#10 andy77

andy77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:48 PM

It's mother's day weekend. Not even a chance.

#11 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:57 PM

Hoping to Tx my 80 shilling to secondary tomorrow morning...

#12 shaggaroo

shaggaroo

Comptroller of Hot Flashes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NY

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:03 PM

This weekend? No. But shooting for Monday. Final Exam week coming up and I only have to give one exam on Wednesday, so I figured I'll take Monday to brew. Recipe is in the Recipe Swap area, but it'll be 8 lb Golden Promise, 1 lb of home-toasted oat malt (20 mins at 300 deg) and about 27 IBU with Northdown. Using Scottish Ale yeast and mashing about 152.Jeff

#13 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64149 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:47 PM

You need to learn, son. I sent the wife away to a spa for the weekend. Everyone wins!

#14 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:53 PM

(i)

#15 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10752 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:02 PM

I'm lucky that the wife has to work 3 shifts this weekend at the restaurant so I have the whole day to myself Sunday. I just finished milling the grains for a smoked porter and will dough in nice and early tomorrow hoping to enjoy some nice weather tomorrow afternoon.

#16 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFlorence Alabama

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:25 PM

I jumped the gun and on Thursday I brewed a Session Saison, 6# 2 row and 2.5# Bonlander Munich and 40 ibus (~og 1044). I used a plug of slurry from Abbey Ale II (Wyeat 1762) for this and I really like this yeast.

#17 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:32 PM

A couple hours ago, I finished 20g of three different beers. I did about 10g of a kolsch, then I did a partigyle for a rye barleywine and a rye pale. I only measured the OG on the rye barleywine, but it came out to about 1.128, and I think with the temperature correction, it is actually 1.130. I pitched onto a slurry of s-04, and it is already actively bubbling. Hopefully this one will ferment down alright, and age well. I made up the recipe on the spot. Haha.

#18 Stuster

Stuster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:07 AM

First brew in about a month. A SMaSH beer. All Weyermann Bohemian Pilsner, all Motueka (B Saaz) - great NZ hop. I've used it in APAs before but thought it'd be nice to give it a go on its own. I'm going to ferment it with 1007. It was an old pack that had been sitting lonely at the back of the fridge for a bit. Nearly 18 months old but puffed up quickly and got going in a starter pretty well. Just running it into a no-chill cube now and should get it fermenting tomorrow or the next day. :cheers: I'm sorry about the units, but you get the general idea, don't you? :devil: Batch Size: 24.00 L Boil Size: 30.49 LEstimated OG: 1.049 SGEstimated Color: 9.1 EBCEstimated IBU: 35.0 IBUBrewhouse Efficiency: 81.00 %Boil Time: 90 MinutesIngredients:------------Amount Item Type % or IBU 5.00 kg Bohemian Pilsner (5.9 EBC) Grain 100.00 % 50.00 gm Motueka (B Saaz) [6.70 %] (75 min) (FirstHops 30.2 IBU 15.00 gm Motueka (B Saaz) [6.70 %] (10 min) Hops 3.5 IBU 25.00 gm Motueka (B Saaz) [6.70 %] (2 min) Hops 1.4 IBU 1 Pkgs German Ale (Wyeast Labs #1007) Yeast-Ale

#19 TheOtherNate

TheOtherNate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationHaymarket, VA

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:25 AM

I wanted to do my "Wee Heavy (kinda)", this weekend but between Mother's Day, upcoming TDY and regular life, I'm probably being overly optimistic. :cheers:

#20 siouxbrewer

siouxbrewer

Comptroller of Teh Beefs and other beeflike animals that are tas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8263 posts
  • LocationGreat Plains, KS

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:38 AM

Strike water is heating for my first brew in the new home. Doing a British session with a good amount of noble hops. Been over two months and I've been getting the bug pretty bad lately. A few pieces of new equipment too that should make my brew day easier and my cleanup longer :cheers: Either way it feels pretty damn good to be brewing the beer I drink in the house I own :devil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users