#21 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFlorence Alabama

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:51 PM

Finally got a sixer of the longshot ($11+ in IN). I thought all the beers were excellent, even the Cranberry Wit. The bock was way malty and it was almost like a small barley wine. It had a nice warming affect. The IIPA has much more body than Pliny and is much darker. But it is a nice hoppy beer. It can be a little cloying but as a 12 ounce beer it is definitely very quaffable.

#22 japh

japh

Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14976 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:25 AM

After seeing this yesterday, I decided to get into my 6er that I got down in California. I grabbed one at random, the Bock.I don't know if it's been treated wrong (it did sit in the car on the way up, and the place I got it from wasn't top-notch), but BLECH! Tasted like soy sauce.

#23 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:26 AM

After seeing this yesterday, I decided to get into my 6er that I got down in California. I grabbed one at random, the Bock.I don't know if it's been treated wrong (it did sit in the car on the way up, and the place I got it from wasn't top-notch), but BLECH! Tasted like soy sauce.

IIRC, the recommendation on the bock was to let it warm a bit. I think I've got a bock left... it may not live to see the light of day (or at least the fridge lite) tomorrow.

#24 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

... Tasted like soy sauce.

That is definitely not the flavor profile I found. Somewhere, sometime something went horribly wrong.

#25 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:08 PM

That is definitely not the flavor profile I found. Somewhere, sometime something went horribly wrong.

+1I definitely did not pick up on any Asian flavors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users