SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:58 PM

gonna haveta call that one Midnight's Long Passed Ale

I over boiled by about 1/2 gallon. I just stuck about a quart and a half (boiled) in the fridge to cool down and then I'll throw it in with the yeast. Once I got the burner working properly it boiled like mad. Brewing in the summer sucks. I am drenched in sweat. Just gotta clean up better tomorrow and I'm done for a while.Cheers,Rich

#22 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68767 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:03 AM

finally!first beer of 2010 for meMaking a Special bitter with EKG and WLP 005 yeast, using Gambrinus ESB Malt ran out of Propane heating strike water, luckily Ace Hardware is a 1/2 mile away

#23 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:00 PM

Out of fermenting space so no brewing for me this weekend. Instead I'll be transferring a spiced saison to secondary and harvesting the yeast for next weekends brew. I also have to get my 'east meets west' IPA out from under a few ounces of centennial that it's dry hopping with and into the keg. Going to take some measurements for a collar on my chest freezer as well and hopefully get that built sometime this week. How the hell did I make all this work for myself? I just want to brew some damn beer!

#24 *_Guest_Matt C_*

*_Guest_Matt C_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:05 PM

I made a very wimpy lager (with rice and corn! :covreyes: ) earlier in the week with 2278 Czech Lager yeast and also this Amber Lager on Thursday. The brew bunker smells like farts. :frank: :rolf: :rolf:

Funny you mention czech lager yeast,Ken. I just finished up an "english lager" with Uk pale as a base and an oz of english choc to get the color right for PH. Ph hit dead on with almost no water salts. It hit a little acidic so I added some baking soda but only like a gram or so. I used EKG and some Progress at 90 mins for a total IBU of about 24 for a gravity of 1.053. Hard to chill a lager down to pitching temps in this heat though so its sitting in my fermentation chamber next to the yeast starter for right now. I hope to pitch my WL800 tonite when the wort hits primary lager temps. This yeast is ready to go big time. the last "step up" I did, i started getting some fermentation foam within an hour. Hope mine turns out just as good as everyone else. :frank:

#25 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9738 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:32 AM

I am moving, so I have decommissioned the brewery until further notice. :smilielol: :cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users