#1 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

Im making my all Northern Brewer (leaf)hops ale in the morning.I love the FWH,seem to be great.Using 3.25 oz(NB-leaf)hops in this one.Next,maybe clean up my Centennials too(4oz left)for next weekend.Posted ImagePic of my last NB brew.

#2 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:10 PM

Nice! I've got a 10 gallon batch of a session oatmeal stout going tomorrow. I'm shooting for either low 4 or high 3%. Should be good!

#3 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:49 PM

Sounds like some nice brews guys. I am transferring my 10 gallons of american wheat into secondary tomorrow and will be brewing up 10 gallons of Belgian Tripel as well. Should make for a great Saturday as well. Have a couple of friends coming over to try some of my brews as well. Hope the weekend treats everyone great!!

#4 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68767 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

Doing a Best Bitter , and maybe a Pale

#5 bigdaddyale

bigdaddyale

Linkbot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9528 posts
  • LocationCurrent: New Homoco, Texas. Past : Lugner Island

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:10 PM

MLPA

#6 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:14 PM

I did 10 gallons of a modified liquid stupid earlier today. I used palm sugar rather than clear candi syrup, and will be adding the honey mid fermentation.

Edited by gnef, 09 July 2010 - 08:14 PM.

#7 orudis

orudis

Deputy Comptroller of Rarts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25401 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:12 PM

Black IPA, just crushed the grains. :nono:

#8 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54462 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:02 AM

I made a very wimpy lager (with rice and corn! :) ) earlier in the week with 2278 Czech Lager yeast and also this Amber Lager on Thursday. The brew bunker smells like farts. :nono: :smilielol: :)

#9 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64183 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:43 AM

I think I'm going to do ET's Simple Stout tomorrow. I need to finally put my stout faucet to use.

#10 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:34 AM

Nope, brewed 20 gallons last weekend.

#11 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:54 PM

I'm brewing some MLPA right now. I still haven't quite got all the volumes right on my equipment. I'm 3/4 of a gallon short on my boil volume. I wanted 7 and got 6.25. I've used that before and came out short in volume and high in gravity with my gas burners and my kettle. So I am waiting for another 3 gallons to heat up and do one final sparge before I boil.I have 0.5 gal dead space in the kettle.And I will burn off about 1.5 gallons in the kettle. So I need 7 gallons. I think I have about 0.5 gal of dead space in my mash tun too. Which would just about be why I didn't get enough collected. Its ok though, I know whats going on now and I'll get better for next time.I also didnt make my starter in time so I smacked the pack this morning and boiled up some DME and Im leaving it in the pot on the stove, kinda a semi open fermentation. It's already taken off pretty good. I should have more yeast than the smack pack but less than my traditional 18 hour starter.HOIST! I'm brewing!:nono:Cheers,Rich

#12 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:44 PM

Damn, I have to put a lid over the kettle to keep the boil up. I'm just not getting enough heat to the kettle. WTF? It went down to 208 after I removed the lid. Its not cold out, I just can't get the gas to flame up any more. I had to get a new bottle today. Maybe the pin isn't pushed in enough. I know its bad to have the lid on so I have it cracked as much as possible (about 30% uncovered).Any other suggestions?Cheers,Rich

#13 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68767 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

Damn, I have to put a lid over the kettle to keep the boil up. I'm just not getting enough heat to the kettle. WTF? It went down to 208 after I removed the lid. Its not cold out, I just can't get the gas to flame up any more. I had to get a new bottle today. Maybe the pin isn't pushed in enough. I know its bad to have the lid on so I have it cracked as much as possible (about 30% uncovered).Any other suggestions?Cheers,Rich

Rich, you may have tripped the OPDtry disconnecting the tank, 1st turning off the tank valve then re connect , then reopen the tank valve then re-light

#14 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

Rich, you may have tripped the OPDtry disconnecting the tank, 1st turning off the tank valve then re connect , then reopen the tank valve then re-light

Leave the reg open?Cheers,Rich

Edited by rcemech, 10 July 2010 - 07:59 PM.

#15 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:04 PM

I don't know what I did, but I got it roaring now. I disconnected the line and reconnected with the reg closed and when I opened it again it was blasting.I think I need to boil for an extra 20 minutes to get the gravity right. It looks like Ive only boiled off about 1 gallon and I need 1 more to go.Cheers,Rich

#16 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68767 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:05 PM

I don't know what I did, but I got it roaring now. I disconnected the line and reconnected with the reg closed and when I opened it again it was blasting.I think I need to boil for an extra 20 minutes to get the gravity right. It looks like Ive only boiled off about 1 gallon and I need 1 more to go.Cheers,Rich

yep connecting with the regulator open will trip the opd :frank:

#17 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68767 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:06 PM

Leave the reg open?Cheers,Rich

little too late, sorry, CLOSED :frank:

#18 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:47 PM

1.042 gravity. Need some more boiling, ug. Spent about 40 minutes below 212, another 20 minutes and another sample.Cheers,Rich

#19 deejaydan

deejaydan

Comptroller of Spooning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2325 posts
  • LocationFennville, MI

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:59 PM

Did a Saison. T58 yeast, recommended by the LHBS, and fermenting in the attic... first crack at this, so we will see...

#20 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68767 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:13 PM

1.042 gravity. Need some more boiling, ug. Spent about 40 minutes below 212, another 20 minutes and another sample.Cheers,Rich

gonna haveta call that one Midnight's Long Passed Ale

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users