25 replies to this topic

#21 brewhead

brewhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:03 PM

LOL Mashpads.The thing I'd look at is food-grade.

graingersmsds sheet

#22 Lagerdemain

Lagerdemain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:26 AM

i've been using mash pads for years ever since i started brewing. i really like them. not a lot of vourlaf needed if any and inhibits stuck mashes. i use the white floor scrubbers cut down accordingly to the size of your mash tun. as far as cleaning is concerned, i've never had a problem. spray it out with a good spray nozzle on a hose, soak overnite on a solution of bleach and water, hang up to dry. ready for next use. about once a year i'll make a new one. you cna get a box of them cheap from graingers

Yep. These work swimmingly.

#23 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21277 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:27 AM

I will have to give these a shot.

#24 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:19 PM

Are these an example of the pads we're talking about? If so I'll pick up one of the white ones and try it.https://www.mcmaster...#7312t1/=17w5ra

#25 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42028 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:22 PM

Are these an example of the pads we're talking about? If so I'll pick up one of the white ones and try it.https://www.mcmaster...#7312t1/=17w5ra

I think thats it. There is an Atlas cleaning supply here in town. I might stop in a pick up a couple just to try them and report back.

#26 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:30 PM

I'll admit, I don't get it. I typically recirculate for a minimum of 10 minutes and it's as clear as a bell at that point. That's supposedly a temp raising mashout and then fly sparge. But when I batched and vorlaufed manually it was the same deal....... Grainbeds are your friend.Not badmouthing them, just wondering why you feel the need to use them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users