#1 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:37 AM

Man I have not brewed in about 3-4 weeks and I know it sounds silly but for me thats a long time. Anyways back in he groove here. Mashed in at 5am EST on a German Kolsch. I am now weighing out grains for a planned Citra Pale Ale. I plan to be mashing that mid morning. Gotta head to the LHBS to get the Citra Hops but I plan to have 10 gallons of beer fermenting by this afternoon and before family arrives for the weekend. Hope everyone has a great friday and weekend!!Cheers,Mike

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:36 AM

Man I have not brewed in about 3-4 weeks and I know it sounds silly but for me thats a long time. Anyways back in he groove here. Mashed in at 5am EST on a German Kolsch. I am now weighing out grains for a planned Citra Pale Ale. I plan to be mashing that mid morning. Gotta head to the LHBS to get the Citra Hops but I plan to have 10 gallons of beer fermenting by this afternoon and before family arrives for the weekend. Hope everyone has a great friday and weekend!!Cheers,Mike

Wife just had a baby a week ago so no brewing for me this weekend :rolleyes:I am working on harvesting some yeast from a Rare Vos I drank last night. Hopefully that will lead to some belgian action this summer :devil:

#3 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:38 AM

I found out yesterday that my wife will be busy most of tomorrow, so I might have to crank out a batch. I have no idea of what and have no yeast (other than some dry) ready, but I will figure something out.

#4 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:58 AM

I brewed a batch of Black Dog Cream Ale on Wednesday night...1.048 right on the nose baby! I've also got a fatty starter of 1056 that I'm going to use with a batch of Barefoot Pale Ale (APA) I plan on brewing on Sunday night. I want to hop this into the high 20's to 30's BU range...more sessionable that I've made in the past. I've been making some very high IBU beers lately and want something I can drink pints at a time of...Brew'm well gentlemen!

#5 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:49 AM

Made another wheat beer yesterday,brew session went nicely.Great day it was.I have two fermenting now,and one in the secondary.All kegs have beer in them .

#6 realbeerguy

realbeerguy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1974 posts
  • LocationBluffton, SC

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:58 AM

I brewed a batch of Black Dog Cream Ale on Wednesday night...1.048 right on the nose baby! I've also got a fatty starter of 1056 that I'm going to use with a batch of Barefoot Pale Ale (APA) I plan on brewing on Sunday night. I want to hop this into the high 20's to 30's BU range...more sessionable that I've made in the past. I've been making some very high IBU beers lately and want something I can drink pints at a time of...Brew'm well gentlemen!

Was going to do a Pale Ale, but........Black Dog Cream Ale...hmmmm :angry: :devil:

#7 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:00 AM

Denny's IPA is going in the keg tomorrow for conditioning, brewing the cream ale too.Cheers,Rich

#8 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:25 AM

I brewed up a batch of hybrid Maibock/Helles Bock that I'm fermenting with an ale strain. Should be along the lines of Double Dead Guy, but better of course. Finally got my efficiency issues sorted out as well. I hit right on my numbers at 1.076.Next up, Simple Saison!

#9 mach5

mach5

Helibottle Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationColumbia, PA

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:33 AM

I am brewing a Summer Ale, just a kit beer, but I need something simple since I'm watching the kids this weekend. So, it will be an early awakening on Sat morning to brew...I'll start the water around 5:30 AM and whip up a quick extract batch.

#10 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:40 AM

Hopefully a rye lager on sunday and kegging 20 gallons. I only have 3 beers on tap right now! :devil:

#11 gumballhead

gumballhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Locationsw michigan

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:47 AM

Wife just had a baby a week ago so no brewing for me this weekend :sarcasm:I am working on harvesting some yeast from a Rare Vos I drank last night. Hopefully that will lead to some belgian action this summer :sarcasm:

CONGRATS to you and your Wife on the new brewing assistant. make sure the baby has a mash paddle in one hand and a grain filled rattle :angry: in the other.no brewing for me. We did 10G of Citraball it's Gumballhead with all Citra hops. that should be ready to pull anddry Hop this weekend but no hurry. the week before that we did 10G of SNPA next up will be a Huma-Lupa-Liscious (thanks Kegdude) :devil: time to clean up the older hops.

#12 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:57 AM

I wanted to brew, but have my wife's birthday and friend's wedding to contend with this weekend.I've been planning a popcorn cream ale for a while now, so I'm hoping to pull the trigger on that one next weekend.

#13 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:32 PM

next up will be a Huma-Lupa-Liscious (thanks Kegdude)

Any chance you could share that?Oh, And I'm brewing a saison on monday

#14 wertydc

wertydc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:05 PM

Same here. Have not been able to brew in about 3-4 months. Finally this weekend will be doing 10gal. Czech Pils and 5gal. Dopplebock. Since my kegerator has no cornys in it, it will become a lager fridge for a while.Sucks not having anything on tap.

#15 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:08 PM

Not brewing this weekend, but am going to tear apart my kegorator fridge to try and clean out the drainage tube from the freezer to the drip pan so I can see if that is what is causing all the water to build up in the fridge. I'm tired of sopping up all that water. I hope that's it.

#16 gumballhead

gumballhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Locationsw michigan

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:09 PM

Any chance you could share that?Oh, And I'm brewing a saison on monday

From KegDude.this is his take. I presumed this was a 5G batch... Enjoy and be sure to thank kegdude.My take:12#american two-row8oz Aromatic8oz Munich(dark)1# corn sugar(too dry it out) I might be inclined to add some Honey instead 2 oz Pale Chocolate (for more color)Hops:Columbus (14.0)(Pellet)(.6 oz)60 minAmarillo (9.5)(leaf)(.5 oz) 40 minCascade(5.4)(p) (.5 oz) 40 minAmarillo(L)(14.0)(.5 oz)15 minCascade (p)(5.4) (.5 oz) 15 minAmarillo(L)(9.5)(1 oz) 5 minCascade(p)(5.4)(1 oz) 5 minAmarillo(L)(9.5) (1 oz) 0 minCascade(P)(5.4) (1 oz) 0 minAmarillo(L)(9.5)(1oz) DHCascade (p) (5.4)(1 oz) DHI used Safale 05/mash supplement/whirlfloc . Mashed low 150 degrees,sparge was normal.My preboil was 1.058OG was 1.064FG was 1.012SRM was 8/ IBU was 65/ABV target was 7.0Total i used 8.6 oz hops . I hope this help

#17 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:10 PM

Wife just had a baby a week ago so no brewing for me this weekend :devil:I am working on harvesting some yeast from a Rare Vos I drank last night. Hopefully that will lead to some belgian action this summer :angry:

Holy cow dude, seriously congrats! Is it your first? He/she? Come on man, spill it! :sarcasm:

#18 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:27 PM

Thanks Gumball, and Kegdude!I'm thinking I might add this one to my list. I'm also surprised that it's pretty much just cascade and amarillo!

#19 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

I just put the starter wort in the fridge to cool off. I'm brewing tomorrow afternoon. Going golfing in the morning. It will be a good day.Cheers,Rich

#20 Tripel666

Tripel666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:30 PM

I'm going to brew a Belgian Pale ale on Sunday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users