33 replies to this topic

#21 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:00 AM

You went there too. You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Im seriously considering doing just that this saturday.

#22 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:33 AM

Im seriously considering doing just that this saturday.

I highly recommend it. It's the alcohol version of wake and bake.

#23 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48013 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:41 AM

I highly recommend it. It's the alcohol version of wake and bake.

I'm getting too old for that. I used to do it when I was younger - drink all day and never get drunk - feeling fine the next day. Now, I can still drink all day, but I will feel terrible the next day. Hung over like crazy even though I was never "drunk".

#24 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:49 AM

I'm getting too old for that. I used to do it when I was younger - drink all day and never get drunk - feeling fine the next day. Now, I can still drink all day, but I will feel terrible the next day. Hung over like crazy even though I was never "drunk".

You need to make sure you get enough water in there too. I've found that's key for me. I can drink a lot as long as I have as many pints of water as beer.

#25 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:04 PM

You need to make sure you get enough water in there too. I've found that's key for me. I can drink a lot as long as I have as many pints of water as beer.

Yup. Except that in my climate it's probably 2:1 water.

#26 shmgeggie

shmgeggie

Comptroller of Mythical Creatures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9205 posts
  • LocationPort Orchard, WA

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

I've never done the shake the keg force carb method. I always just hook it up at serving pressure and wait a week.

#27 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:49 PM

According to my dad, it was as soon as I mastered walking.That would be an interesting experiment/contest to see who could get the best beer ready fastest. Points for speed and taste.

#28 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

According to my dad, it was as soon as I mastered walking.That would be an interesting experiment/contest to see who could get the best beer ready fastest. Points for speed and taste.

Yes, that would be an intersting experiment/contest. Perhaps everyone uses the same grain bill, hops, yeast, then bottles and sends it to one judge (me :P ) with a "born on date (i.e. bottling date) to determine the "winner".

#29 shaggaroo

shaggaroo

Comptroller of Hot Flashes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NY

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:03 PM

I was 5, it was a bottle of Blatz at one of my parents' many parties... mmm beer...1 week in primary, 2 in secondary with gelatin at 38 deg, then into the keg with 20 psi rocked back and forth about 200 times, give or take, let settle and drink a few hours later.

#30 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:34 PM

I think 8 or 9 days for an American Wheat but it was really sulphurous, the fastest I like to turn anything is my Witbier at 12 days.

#31 earthtone

earthtone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:08 AM

I think I've turned over an APA in 15 days but that was pushing it. That was before I started using gelatin in the keg to get beautiful clarity.

#32 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68761 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:45 PM

2 weeks for a Blonde Ale, it was a gotta have it ready kinda deal, it was OK but it could have used another week in cold conditioningfor a Wit hell 7-10 days oughta do it then crash and force

#33 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64141 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:32 PM

It's 8:30am in Denmark and I'm having a beer while waiting for my flight. How great is it that you can buy a beer at 8:30 in the morning here? The US needs some new drinking laws.Even better, one of the Danes I was here working with told me you can buy beer in the airport and drink it on the plane. Again...new drinking laws. We're stuck up bastards.

#34 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:38 AM

It's 8:30am in Denmark and I'm having a beer while waiting for my flight. How great is it that you can buy a beer at 8:30 in the morning here? The US needs some new drinking laws.Even better, one of the Danes I was here working with told me you can buy beer in the airport and drink it on the plane. Again...new drinking laws. We're stuck up bastards.

Welcome back JK. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users