#1 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48018 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:18 PM

What is the absolute earliest you've drank beer? Assuming shaken forced carb.The American wit I brewed on Saturday is winding down primary, and I'm thinking of racking to a keg in a few more days...

#2 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:24 PM

What is the absolute earliest you've drank beer? Assuming shaken forced carb.The American wit I brewed on Saturday is winding down primary, and I'm thinking of racking to a keg in a few more days...

6:30 AM. Oh wait.a week and a half if memory serves right. it was still a young beer though to be sure.

Edited by chriscose, 11 May 2010 - 04:25 PM.

#3 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:29 PM

Drank a Hefe in two weeks, One Week ferment, One Week Carb. It was good, if the style fits I say go for it.

#4 harryfrog

harryfrog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationAtascadero, CA

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:31 PM

10 days from grains to glass. Can't be certain if the farts we all had were from the pork my dad cooked or the yeast in the beer. but either way we finished a bunch of beer and pork.times like that I wish I had sanitary filtration...

#5 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54219 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:38 PM

About 3 weeks or so. A blonde ale that went 7 days primary, 2 weeks secondary and into the keg. It wasn't designed that way, it just happened that way. I would think that 2 weeks would be possible with no problem (possibly a bit young). George, so you're only 4 days in right now? Hmm, should be interesting.* pops popcorn *

#6 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:38 PM

When I saw the Thread Title, I was thinking "7:00 a.m., but that was opening day for fishing and I'd already been up since 3:30". But, I went 2 weeks in the fermenter for a Cream Ale and a week in the keg with some shaking to get it ready for a party. I've not put a wheat in the keg since I started kegging, but I did put them in the bottle after about 10 days. Still took about 2 weeks for the bottles to be ready.

#7 siouxbrewer

siouxbrewer

Comptroller of Teh Beefs and other beeflike animals that are tas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8263 posts
  • LocationGreat Plains, KS

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:42 PM

Seven days is fine for a wit. Give it a lot of carb and they are quite refreshing when fresh.

#8 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:43 PM

When I saw the Thread Title, I was thinking "7:00 a.m., but that was opening day for fishing and I'd already been up since 3:30".

thata boy! Hoist! :sarcasm:

#9 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:45 PM

The earliest beer? I must have been about 13 I guess.. oh wait. :sarcasm: I guess about 3 weeks or so would have been the soonest.

#10 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:38 PM

I would think that kegging it would be no problem. I personally have gone grain to glass in 3 weeks. That's one week primary, and two weeks in bottles. I made the beer for a party and boy did it go fast! I would think that if you threw the beer into a keg, hit it with some Co2, leave it warm, it would finish out and also carb itself if you add some priming. If you need it for some reason, I might skip the priming sugar and just use Co2. I would still leave it out for a few days though. Give it a chance to finish completly.

#11 realbeerguy

realbeerguy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1974 posts
  • LocationBluffton, SC

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:55 PM

The earliest beer? I must have been about 13 I guess.. oh wait. :sarcasm: I guess about 3 weeks or so would have been the soonest.

13 too. It was Balentine Ale XXX. Hey! BYO has the recipe in this month's issue.Turn around ferment to drink....7 days for an English Mild.

#12 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:46 PM

Around 7 years old i think.I try to wait until its 5 o'clock(atleast somewhere).Bottled(14days=not ready),keg 2 days=ok for a couple of glasses.

#13 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:21 AM

Probably 2-3 weeks for a hefe. Now that I bottle and naturally carb my weizens the earliest is generally 4 weeks.

#14 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:01 AM

Turned around an APA in 10 days. I overpitched for a healthy ferment but still kept it cool. As soon as it it the FG I wanted I put it in a keg and cold crashed/force carbed it. 2 days before serving I transferred to a serving keg under pressure. The first 1/3-1/2 of the keg were cloudy but the last bit was clear.

#15 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48018 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:38 AM

It's down to 2 bubbles a minute now, so it will be any day. Still looks very yeasty, though, so maybe Friday. Looks too yeasty to sample, to be honest. It's still got that brownish look from krausen proteins and yeast still falling down.

#16 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:54 AM

I think I was 6 or 7. Natty Bo.Hated it, made that yucky face.And there was that one CRABS brewday I had one at 9 AM IIRC.The earliest was a dry hopped IPA, one week, right after I yanked the hop bags, carbed and chilled the beer.I think that answers all permutations of your question.

#17 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:28 AM

6:30 AM. Oh wait.

You went there too. You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

#18 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:55 AM

You went there too. You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

i think i have a new signature quote. :sarcasm: Cheers,Rich

#19 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48018 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:56 AM

Sampled it during lunch. It's basically done fermenting, but it's HUGELY yeasty. So much so that it was difficult to drink. Needs a few more days to settle, obviously.The big news, though, is that it is not infected. That's important for a guy who's dumped his last 30 gallons...

#20 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:59 AM

Sampled it during lunch. It's basically done fermenting, but it's HUGELY yeasty. So much so that it was difficult to drink. Needs a few more days to settle, obviously.The big news, though, is that it is not infected. That's important for a guy who's dumped his last 30 gallons...

WOOT! ;) Back on the train george!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users