#21 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:33 AM

Is it only homebrew? Im not sure I have 4-6 types bottled up.

#22 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

Well, everyone wants to get some homebrew; that's the point of the pass! Of course, if you're running kind of low you can always send some local favorites! I know I'm always happy to get some local beers; being from Chicago I often can't get many beers that others can. Stone just came here at the beginning of April!Well, to answer your question in a concise way, you need to send at least 4 bottles of something. Homebrew is preferred, not mandatory. What is most important is that you communicate with the person you are assigned to ship to so everyone's expectations are met.Cheers!

#23 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64096 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:05 PM

I'd encourage people to send more since it isn't that much more expensive. I usually send 12. If I don't have a lot bottled I'll send some local stuff, too.

#24 Poobah58

Poobah58

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNew Milford, CT

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:44 PM

I'm on board!

#25 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64096 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

poobahjayb jkoravosjammerama?mach5?dabearsoxthirstykermelpanicChefLamontzymologicalChicagoWaterGuyIs this right?

#26 Beejus McReejus

Beejus McReejus

Comptroller of Flying Ducks

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12419 posts
  • LocationTopeka, KS

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:45 AM

I'll be down for July.

#27 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:55 AM

poobahjayb jkoravosjammerama?mach5?dabearsoxthirstykermelpanicChefLamontzymologicalChicagoWaterGuyIs this right?

I'm going to skip out on this one. But maybe in the future. If anyone is in my area feel free to stop by with some homebrew and we can do an impromptu tasting :blush:

#28 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64096 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:44 PM

I'm going to skip out on this one. But maybe in the future. If anyone is in my area feel free to stop by with some homebrew and we can do an impromptu tasting :blush:

Oh, come on! You have plenty of beer to send!

#29 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:28 PM

OK, So taking the list of names that gave a definite "I'm in" and not just a question, I have come up with a list. Actually, JK came up with the list, I just deleted those who were uncertain. So here is the list:Sender --------Receiverpoobah---------->dabearsoxjayb------------>thirstyjkoravos-------->kernelpanicdabearsox------->ChefLamontthirsty--------->poobahkernelpanic----->jayb ChefLamont------>jkoravosI simply took the order it was already in and shifted who was in the number 1 slot. The Steps to Full Beer Pass Enjoyment:1: Contact your receiver early and give them an estimate on when you will be sending. Also, after your Sender contacts you, be sure to give them your address. 2: Send your beer (UPS and Fed-Ex are the legal ways to ship beer). Please keep in mind that everyone would like to get your homebrew. You MUST send at least four beers. If you do not have four homebrews, then send commercial beers. Once again, make sure that you tell your Receiver what to expect. Also, Feel free to send more than 4 beers, but try not to be excessive in your politeness. 3: After you send your beers, just wait to receive the beers from your sender. This would be a good time to drink your own beer too. :facepalm: 4: After you receive beer from your passer, please drink them and give polite feedback to the sender. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that I want honest feedback. It means better beer for everyone! Just be gentle! :blush: 5: Wait for the next Beer Pass and participate!So, Them's the rules! I have done about eight passes in the past, and each time I was given the opportunity to drink some exceptional beer. I'm really happy to see this going on. Thanks to all for participating and I look forward to drinking some good beer!

#30 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:09 PM

Ok everyone, It's been two days. Has anyone made contact?

#31 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:02 AM

Oh, come on! You have plenty of beer to send!

it's not an amount issue - it's that i'm fairly busy and I don't want to pull a basser (j/k basser - I love you man).

#32 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64096 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

Ok everyone, It's been two days. Has anyone made contact?

YES!!!

#33 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64096 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:48 PM

it's not an amount issue - it's that i'm fairly busy and I don't want to pull a basser (j/k basser - I love you man).

Yeah, yeah, we're all busy. Send me beer!!!

#34 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:33 PM

Yes and Yes, Jayb has contacted me and sending, and I have contacted poohbah and sending this wednesday.

#35 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:48 AM

Great to hear Thirsty! Congrats to Poohbah, you're gonna be getting some good stuff!

#36 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:31 AM

Poobah has contacted me for my address and I sent a message over to Chef but haven't herd back from him yet.

#37 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:37 PM

Considering that it's been 9 days since the pairing, I'm surprised more people haven't contacted their perspective receivers.Thanks DBS

#38 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64096 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:49 PM

kernelpanic sent me has addy, but I haven't heard from Chef. I'm not surprised, he said he might be a little slow in the other thread. No biggie. I know he'll come through.I don't know what the deadline is, but I'l probably send mine out at the very end of June. I want to try to get this Vienna I just kegged cleared and carbed so I can include it.

#39 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:27 PM

Got my beers from Poobah...all strong ales...the 2 I have had so far are stupendous and give me a wicked buzz

#40 Poobah58

Poobah58

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNew Milford, CT

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:00 AM

Got my beers from Poobah...all strong ales...the 2 I have had so far are stupendous and give me a wicked buzz

:smilielol: The Scottish is a nice easy drinking low ABV beer. But the others... whatch out! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users