#21 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:03 AM

I have two IPA's lined up , don't know if i will get them done this weekend or not.Would like to make a couple of wheat beers this summer.

#22 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:04 AM

I have been sticking to my game plan pretty well so far this year. Having 4 taps, I wanted to brew just 4 beers (allowing for slight variation but will always be in the category), and really nail them down as house beers that do not change, will always have on tap, with a kicker on deck for when I run out. I selected:1. American ale, (which can be APA IPA DIPA or amber)2. Belgian blond 3. American brown4. Belgian various (can be saison, dubbel, tripel, etc)This is great for yeast management as well.

#23 Breakpoint

Breakpoint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationSW MI

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:35 PM

On tap:Vienna LagerAmarillo-hopped PilsPlanned:Amber AleBarley WineBrown AleRussian Imperial StoutIPABlack IPAI plan on brewing all those beers on Pac Man yeast. Also, the two IPAs I want to use the same hopping schedule, but with different grains to make a lighter IPA and a black IPA.Just got my grain mill built, so I'm pumped to start stockpiling grains and being able to brew kind of on the fly. Should be a fun brew summer.

#24 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:44 PM

I've got the ingredients for, but havent yet brewed:O-fest x2 (I got a lot of Vienna to use up)Cz Pils x2APA x2Irish Red AleDry Irish StoutFlandersish AleAt least I think I have all the stuff. My notes are pretty scribbly, and I think I ordered the specialty grains while drunk.

#25 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48010 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:00 PM

I have 10gal of MLPA fermenting now. This is the first beer I've brewed since September, and I haven't had anything on tap since October. I still need to clean the serving fridge, but I'll have beer soon.After that will be a couple wheats for speed - likely 5 gal of Berlinner and 5 gal of a wheat with American yeast but wit spices. Probably add an IPA to fill the 4th tap. I have some cocoa nibs I bought to add to a sweet stout that will be down the road a bit. I want to do some lagers as well, but I need to get some drinking beer first.

#26 japh

japh

Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14976 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:45 PM

I need to get a couple more meads into conditioning before I can start thinking about summer beers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users