#41 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68772 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

BTW: I set the pressure to 25 and left it overnight. That worked fine. Most of the beer disappeared at the tournament. I had about 3 gallons left over that I took over to my friends house and it was killed over there. Even though the beer was not up to my standards, everyone liked it. My friends want me to make it again even though I told them it was a mistake. Neither I nor my friends could detect any kind of bite from carbonic acid. One thing happened that really ticked me off. Someone that worked for the golf course moved the garbage can that I had the beer in with the regulator and CO2 bungeed to the side. They didnt think to take off the bungee and move the gas separate, so my gas/reg got dropped and now the gas pressure gauge is busted. A new one is only 7 bucks, but come on, don't be a moran and don't touch my shit dammit! What if they had killed my whole reg? Makes me stabby.Question: If this were normal circumstances and I just wanted my beers on tap, what pressure would I want to leave the keg at to have ready served beer? Do you leave the gas on all the time? And, if so, won't more CO2 dissolve even at low pressure making the beer over carbed?Cheers,Rich

PRo Mash and Beersmith both have calculators for setting pressure and temperature to achieve the carbonation level you desire, as well as I believe there is a table in the FAQ section.As to the second question, once the beer reaches the carbonation volume level of the pressure and the temperature it should reach an equilibrium, and stay that way.As long as you have no leaks you shouldn't need to turn off your gas.

#42 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16545 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:34 PM

Incorrect as usual. I don't pretend to know what's in your head. I only know what you say. If you can't make the latter resemble the former, then that seems like your problem, not mine.

Incorrect as usual? So it seems you don't regard anything i have to say as having any merit and that you know it all.

#43 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

Incorrect as usual? So it seems you don't regard anything i have to say as having any merit and that you know it all.

I actually said nothing about myself.

#44 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16545 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:32 PM

I actually said nothing about myself.

Id say your full of your typical self.

#45 djinkc