#21 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68761 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:51 PM

Haven't tried 'em yet because I assumed from the name that they were all citrusy.

yet another "C" hop to add to your "list :D we know how you like your Citrusy hops :smilielol:

#22 CarlosM

CarlosM

Señor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

just checked in on a few bottles I naturally conditioned and let me tell you what.... this damn beer is freaking sweet! IIPA for the win.

#23 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:41 PM

just checked in on a few bottles I naturally conditioned and let me tell you what.... this damn beer is freaking sweet! IIPA for the win.

Nice. I just weighed out grains for a Pale Ale for Friday with Citra, Amarillo and Columbus. I am looking forward to these Citra hops. Good to hear CMS that your IIPA is rocking.

#24 CarlosM

CarlosM

Señor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:48 PM

Nice. I just weighed out grains for a Pale Ale for Friday with Citra, Amarillo and Columbus. I am looking forward to these Citra hops. Good to hear CMS that your IIPA is rocking.

dude are hops are almost alike.I used Citra Amarillo and Cascade....wow... I need to buy more citra, definitely will be making another batch. This will go quickly once the keg is carbed.

#25 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:59 PM

dude are hops are almost alike.I used Citra Amarillo and Cascade....wow... I need to buy more citra, definitely will be making another batch. This will go quickly once the keg is carbed.

Nice. Yes I love Columbus and Amarillo so I think Citra will go nicely. Good hop combinations for yours too. Good kegged beer never lasts long enough no doubts.

#26 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:42 PM

I made the Stone Levitation clone from Can You Brew It? and I did a split batch. half dry hopped with the intended Amarillo, and half dryhopped with Citra. Everyone is really digging the Citra more. It has a kind of tangarine-ness to it. These hops are the dankness!

#27 Slainte

Slainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:47 PM

^What's the recipe for that?

#28 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:42 AM

My address is:ChefLamont2671........

#29 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:38 AM

I picked up some Citra (11.1% aa) to try out in an APA. I was thinking of bittering with Magnum to keep the bite down, and then using an ounce of Citra at 10 minutes, an ounce of Citra at flameout, and an ounce of Citra for dry hopping. Do you guys think that this would be overbearing for an APA?

#30 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:56 AM

I picked up some Citra (11.1% aa) to try out in an APA. I was thinking of bittering with Magnum to keep the bite down, and then using an ounce of Citra at 10 minutes, an ounce of Citra at flameout, and an ounce of Citra for dry hopping. Do you guys think that this would be overbearing for an APA?

Can you use too many hops in an APA? :stabby: My opinion is any beer that is highly hopped in flavor and aroma is a good one. I also feel that going over the IBU top level for APA is no big deal. If you keep your 60 min lower then you can keep the hop bite down too. I am still considering Mags for my APA too. I say go with it as you listed.

#31 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:04 AM

Can you use too many hops in an APA? :stabby: My opinion is any beer that is highly hopped in flavor and aroma is a good one. I also feel that going over the IBU top level for APA is no big deal. If you keep your 60 min lower then you can keep the hop bite down too. I am still considering Mags for my APA too. I say go with it as you listed.

Good points, that kind of confirms what I was thinking. Thanks.

#32 CarlosM

CarlosM

Señor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:15 AM

My main bittering hop for my IIPA was citra and it has a very minimal bite. And I hopped it around 80osh ibus.

#33 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:23 AM

My main bittering hop for my IIPA was citra and it has a very minimal bite. And I hopped it around 80osh ibus.

I guess with the comparisons I read here between Citra and Chinook, I assumed that Citra was a high cohumulone hop. Maybe a bad assumption on my part. In that case, an all Citra APA might be in order.

#34 CarlosM

CarlosM

Señor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

I guess with the comparisons I read here between Citra and Chinook, I assumed that Citra was a high cohumulone hop. Maybe a bad assumption on my part. In that case, an all Citra APA might be in order.

dude ive made a chinook based APA and talk about harsh, Its been sitting in the fridge for about 2 weeks in keg dry hopping, I will however carb this moderately high.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users