#21 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64116 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

I just bought one of these. You need a fitting with a 1/4" male thread to attach it. So make sure you irder that with it if you have barbed attachments. That or you will need a 1/4" barb/straight 1/4" thread adapter with a small section of tubing.Just an FYI.Cheers,Rich

You definitely want the flare disconnect. If you don't use reinforced tubing it would pop pretty easy if you were careful with the trigger. When you pull the trigger on one of those chargers it's like opening a CO2 tank without a regulator. You could probably blow up a corny if you weren't careful and you can definitely blow up a disconnect.

#22 TopIt

TopIt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:46 PM

I've used 2 boxes of walmart air gun cartridges and never noticed any off flavors. There are brands that definately have oil in them though. Crossman claims they don't. I charged a 2 liter with water and never noticed anything.I'd get a charger either way, its a good back up. Also good for starting a siphon out of a carboy (or a bucket with a two hole lid).

I'd recommend food grade triple filtered low h2o content co2 - always. I got myself some cartridges from the walmart sporting goods section. My seltzer water tasted like a kerosene cocktail. My mom (who's dramatic anyway) almost puked. If you think Crossman cleans their cartridges before bottling the co2 liquid, watch this & C if you still think the same thing. Looks to me like they squirt off the outside. You need hot hi-pressure steam & solvent cleansers to clean residual petroleum based lubricants from metal, glass and ceramic surfaces. You must blow these ingredients inside the cartridges with sufficient quantity and sufficient force to remove all traces. Most people can smell gasoline and other petroleum distillates at levels as low as 0.25 ppm. Watch and C what U think.

#23 TopIt

TopIt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:56 PM

I've used 2 boxes of walmart air gun cartridges and never noticed any off flavors. There are brands that definately have oil in them though. Crossman claims they don't. I charged a 2 liter with water and never noticed anything.I'd get a charger either way, its a good back up. Also good for starting a siphon out of a carboy (or a bucket with a two hole lid).

If you're tired of paying a buck or two for a 16g food grade triple filtered low h2o content co2 cartridge. Get a refillable 16g co2 cartridge. I pay $6.25 for a 10-lb tank of hi-grade beverage & medical quality co2 in North Carolina. I can refill a 16g cartridge 280 times, saving me between $280 and $560 bucks. My beer guzzling buddies love me 'cuz I fill their cartridges for a quarter apiece. I'm still making $70 to $140 off the 10-lb tank of co2 that cost me six bucks.

#24 Kremer

Kremer

Comptroller of MS Paint Diagrams and other vague unspecified stu

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9174 posts
  • Location38.360502, -85.311022 (Louisville, KY area)

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:18 AM

If you're tired of paying a buck or two for a 16g food grade triple filtered low h2o content co2 cartridge. Get a refillable 16g co2 cartridge.

link?

#25 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64116 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:20 AM

link?

Yeah, I haven't seen those either.

#26 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:30 AM

I'm going to try the Irish red I naturally carbonated in the keg and used a charger to get the air out, and will use it again to serve, tonight since its been a week and a half.Cheers,Rich

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users