#41 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64148 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:52 PM

Current Passers:1. JKoravos2. ChefL3. Jayb4. KenLenard5. beer baron?6. Thirsty7. DaBearSox8. orudis9. drez7710. sdeweese11. stellarbrew12. strangebrewer13. chadm75

#42 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64148 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:16 PM

Anyone else interested?beerbaron, are you a yes?

#43 beerbaron

beerbaron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNorthern Colorado

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:48 PM

Yes, this is my first beer pass. Instructions to follow? Are any of you attending big beers, belgians and barleywines in Vail?

#44 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64148 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:25 PM

With the help of Random.org, here are the pass pairings!1. JKoravos → 2. ChefL2. ChefL → 12. strangebrewer3. Jayb → 9. drez774. KenLenard → 1. JKoravos5. beer baron → 10. sdeweese6. Thirsty → 3. Jayb7. DaBearSox → 8. orudis8. orudis → 4. KenLenard9. drez77 → 5. beer baron10. sdeweese → 11. stellarbrew11. stellarbrew → 7. DaBearSox12. strangebrewer → 13. chadm7513. chadm75 → 6. ThirstyRules:1. Everybody wants homebrew, that's the main reason we peruse this board. However, the inclusion of local commercial talent is not frowned upon, especially if it's unique, and it's good. Some of us live in areas that supply brew not seen in other parts. Also, You don't have to limit your shipment to beer, other items which you think may be of interest to the other party are also acceptable. Just remember to check with your recipient to ensure the delivery is well received.2. Shipping deadline is January 15th. When you make the decision to participate there may be circumstances that stall your commitment-That is a much smaller problem when the receiver is apprised of that early on. If a receiver tells me that they did not get their Pass within two-three weeks of the shipping deadline, nor did they get a reason why this may have happened, that participant runs the risk of joining the present list of those who are no longer Pass worthy.3. To make it worthwhile for everyone there is a minimum cover charge of four (4) bottles to be delivered. (More is better!)4. You must be 21 years of age to participate.5. Communicate as soon as the pairings are announced. Continue that communication so that the sender knows the shipment was received in good shape, and, eventually what the perceptions are. This is a second (or first) homebrew club for many. Giving them your feedback will ensure that future Passes are even better.

#45 beerbaron

beerbaron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 01:58 PM

Excellent, thank you for arranging this JK!!!!!

#46 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64148 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:54 AM

I think we usually say to get in touch with your passer within 2-3 days, but it's a busy week for everyone, so try to get in touch as soon as you can. Friday at the latest.

#47 *_Guest_sdeweese_*

*_Guest_sdeweese_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:03 PM

I think we usually say to get in touch with your passer within 2-3 days, but it's a busy week for everyone, so try to get in touch as soon as you can. Friday at the latest.

I have made positive contact with both stellarbrew and beerbaron. Thanks, JKoravos.

#48 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:04 AM

Mine went out to Orudis today.

#49 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64148 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:08 AM

Mine went out to Orudis today.

Jeepers! Look at Speedy Gonzalez over there!

#50 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:23 AM

Jeepers! Look at Speedy Gonzalez over there!

Yea I actually sent out a few other beer packages today as thank yous for Xmas. I figured just get them all done at the same time.

#51 orudis

orudis

Deputy Comptroller of Rarts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25388 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:40 PM

Got mine today safe and sound from Coach Ditka and will try to get Ken's beer out tomorrow.

#52 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:28 AM

Got mine today safe and sound from Coach Ditka and will try to get Ken's beer out tomorrow.

good to hear they got there safe and sound...let me know what you think when you get the chance to have a couple.

#53 orudis

orudis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25388 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:41 PM

good to hear they got there safe and sound...let me know what you think when you get the chance to have a couple.

Naturally. I assume they are all bottle-conditioned? I know I saw a yeast clump in one of them. Will probably crack at least one tomorrow. I also liked the "enjoy the home-made rootbeer!" message to postal inspectors. Reminds me of that time my college roommate's mom sent us some wild mushrooms for our pizza party. Good times!

#54 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:05 PM

Naturally. I assume they are all bottle-conditioned? I know I saw a yeast clump in one of them. Will probably crack at least one tomorrow. I also liked the "enjoy the home-made rootbeer!" message to postal inspectors. Reminds me of that time my college roommate's mom sent us some wild mushrooms for our pizza party. Good times!

Yea they are all bottle conditioned....I like my beers aesthetically pleasing but when you ship that yeast is gonna get shaken up....the IPA will probably be cloudy with the dry hopping plus it was the first brew made in my new place and I didn't have a proper set up for my immersion chiller yet so it took me a good while to chill it down.....the old ale will prob have some chill haze as I brewed that just about a year ago and I didn't have my anti chill haze processes down yet. It got a 39 at a comp last year when it was still pretty young, they said it was clear but they probably sampled at room temp. I sent you a message with the specs on all of them.

#55 *_Guest_sdeweese_*

*_Guest_sdeweese_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:43 PM

Left my beer offering at UPS today. Said they'd forward it to stellarbrew by Friday...if there's any left. :cheers:

#56 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:09 PM

Left my beer offering at UPS today. Said they'd forward it to stellarbrew by Friday...if there's any left. :rolf:

Excellent, I shall eagerly await delivery! (Those bastards at UPS had better not help themselves to my beer :cheers: )Likewise, I dropped off DaBearSox's package at UPS today, also to arrive Friday.

#57 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64148 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:44 PM

So, this is where we are?1. JKoravos2. ChefL3. Jayb4. KenLenard5. beer baron6. Thirsty7. DaBearSox - Sent, received by orudis8. orudis9. drez7710. sdeweese - Sent11. stellarbrew - Sent12. strangebrewer13. chadm75 Any other activity out there? Are we all going to get them out by next Friday?

#58 orudis

orudis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25388 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:35 AM

My beers went out yesterday to KenLenard. Thanks for organizing this! :)

#59 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:20 AM

Any other activity out there? Are we all going to get them out by next Friday?

Mine went out to Drez77 and he should have recieved it already, UPS says I should recieve Thirsty's package tomorrow (no pun intended).

#60 beerbaron

beerbaron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:38 AM

I still have not shipped mine. I promise that it will happen this week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users