#21 Howie

Howie

Feltersnatch

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14742 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:02 AM

I generally support my local brewshop first and foremost. They do a good job, but they don't have "everything." They also don't stock White Labs.For internet orders, I really like Northern Brewer. They also support the Brewing Network. I like B3 as well, but shipping takes SIX DAYS!! NB takes three.

#22 Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationSt. Petersburg FL

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:30 PM

I'm never in a hurry, so I'll buy online from NB, MoreBeer, North Country, Austin, etc. All good. Just depends on who has what I need. Many times NB gets an order as their website has been very easy to navigate.Locally we have some excellent shops, so online is a last resort usually.

#23 farmhaus

farmhaus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:57 PM

My On-line is my local Brewshop, Mashing Heads, right here in London, ON. Steve is great, I get to order online & do local pickup to save on shipping. :rolf: My link

#24 beach

beach

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:20 PM

The only shop I've used is Quality Wine & Ale Supply. They're also my LHBS and like farmhaus I will order online and pick up at the store plus I get a 10% discount for being a member of the local club. Mike is good to his customers. I just wish he carried fermcapS. It looks like that might be my 1st order from someplace else.My linkBeach

#25 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:07 PM

I just had my first order delivered from Rebel Brewer, https://www.rebelbrewer.com/ . I really like their grain prices, and delivery was was lightning fast.

#26 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:14 PM

I just had my first order delivered from Rebel Brewer, https://www.rebelbrewer.com/ . I really like their grain prices, and delivery was was lightning fast.

Stellar. How was the shipping charge for you from Rebel. I am considering doing a big order soon and maybe going through them but I don't like the idea of buying 40-50lbs of grain and pay full shipping for it or at least not a set price as well like Austin or Brewmaster Warehouse. Glad to hear you had great service as well.

#27 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:33 PM

Stellar. How was the shipping charge for you from Rebel. I am considering doing a big order soon and maybe going through them but I don't like the idea of buying 40-50lbs of grain and pay full shipping for it or at least not a set price as well like Austin or Brewmaster Warehouse. Glad to hear you had great service as well.

Good point, the savings in grain price might be made be negated by shipping charges. My order looked like this:Safeale US-05 (American) - Dry Yeast (11.5 gram) 2 $2.55 $5.10 Rahr 2-Row Malt (by the pound) 30 $0.85 $25.38 Hallertau Hops (Germany) - 1oz. Pellets 2 $1.75 $3.50 Mt. Hood Hops (US) - 1oz. Pellets 2 $1.99 $3.98 Staro Prague Lager Yeast - Wyeast 2782 1 $5.99 $5.99 Items: $43.95 Shipping: $12.85 Total Cost: $56.80 The shipping method was Fedex ground, which got it to me in one day, from Goodlettsville, TN to Acworth, GA.You can fill up the cart on the Rebel website, and then do a shipping charge check to see how it compares to the other sources.By the way, I would have liked to try Brewmaster Warehouse, but their agreement with their suppliers prevents them from doing business with customers in their home state of Georgia (gotta keep the LHBS happy).

#28 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:43 PM

Good point, the savings in grain price might be made be negated by shipping charges. My order looked like this:Safeale US-05 (American) - Dry Yeast (11.5 gram) 2 $2.55 $5.10 Rahr 2-Row Malt (by the pound) 30 $0.85 $25.38 Hallertau Hops (Germany) - 1oz. Pellets 2 $1.75 $3.50 Mt. Hood Hops (US) - 1oz. Pellets 2 $1.99 $3.98 Staro Prague Lager Yeast - Wyeast 2782 1 $5.99 $5.99 Items: $43.95 Shipping: $12.85 Total Cost: $56.80 The shipping method was Fedex ground, which got it to me in one day, from Goodlettsville, TN to Acworth, GA.You can fill up the cart on the Rebel website, and then do a shipping charge check to see how it compares to the other sources.By the way, I would have liked to try Brewmaster Warehouse, but their agreement with their suppliers prevents them from doing business with customers in their home state of Georgia (gotta keep the LHBS happy).

Good Looking order Stellar. I think you are going to like the Staro. Its a nice yeast. I am about to boil a Vienna Lager and ferment with the Staro as well. I know I am in NC and not GA but I remember the discussion about the GA resident restriction from Brewmaster WH but I just went there and checked now and it looks like you guys from there can order online or go to the store and pickup. I think I saw that last week too. Anyways I will have to see how Rebel stacks up, their prices are great no doubts. Enjoy the ingredients and happy fermentations. Mike

#29 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:57 PM

Good Looking order Stellar. I think you are going to like the Staro. Its a nice yeast. I am about to boil a Vienna Lager and ferment with the Staro as well. I know I am in NC and not GA but I remember the discussion about the GA resident restriction from Brewmaster WH but I just went there and checked now and it looks like you guys from there can order online or go to the store and pickup. I think I saw that last week too. Anyways I will have to see how Rebel stacks up, their prices are great no doubts. Enjoy the ingredients and happy fermentations. Mike

Thanks Mike, that's good to know about Brewmaster - I'll have to give them a try now.Also looking forward to trying that Staro yeast. I ordered it based on the good things said about it on this board... I remember that both you and Ken had given good reviews.Good luck with your Vienna, and with your upcoming order. :P

#30 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:05 PM

I generally support my local brewshop first and foremost.

I wish I still could...they just moved to a bigger warehouse but I found out his scale must be off and he refused to acknowledge my suggestion of calibrating it...so i figured something was up...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users