#1 Spoon

Spoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationLower Alabama

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:52 AM

Since I've move into the great beer void I really miss having a brewshop that I can order from today and get tomorrow or when the spirit hits me make a drive and visit the LHBS.Where do you buy from? Thanks! :devil:

#2 Kremer

Kremer

Comptroller of MS Paint Diagrams and other vague unspecified stu

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9174 posts
  • Location38.360502, -85.311022 (Louisville, KY area)

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:58 AM

online orders for me are usually from B3.

#3 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10742 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:00 AM

My local is Party Creations and it is a short 10 minute drive there. I buy all my supplies there unless I need something they just don't carry. The convenience of seeing what you are buying and the advice are well worth any marginal cost savings buying on the internet.

#4 Spoon

Spoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationLower Alabama

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:14 AM

My local is Party Creations and it is a short 10 minute drive there. I buy all my supplies there unless I need something they just don't carry. The convenience of seeing what you are buying and the advice are well worth any marginal cost savings buying on the internet.

I agree, plus I'd rather support the local. Unfortunately I don't have anything local :devil:

#5 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10742 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:41 AM

I don't know where you are located now. They have a website: https://www.partycreations.net/If you are looking for any advice they give it over the phone. If you are just looking for supplies then the larger sites would probably have cheaper prices depending on shipping costs.

#6 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:13 PM

I have made a few orders with https://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/. Have one in the mail as we speak, they have good prices and ship pretty quickly. Now I just have to hope that my yeasties don't freeze in this coldfront.

#7 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:17 PM

Since I've move into the great beer void I really miss having a brewshop that I can order from today and get tomorrow or when the spirit hits me make a drive and visit the LHBS.Where do you buy from? Thanks! :devil:

I bought a large amount of grains in the local group buy (and some hops). I also tend to buy hops by the pound from fresh hops. For liquid yeast I always buy local. For random grains it's usually B3 or Austin depending on what I'm looking for.

#8 gumballhead

gumballhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Locationsw michigan

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:21 PM

not sure where the Great beer void is. but depending on the needs. I use Austin Homebrew.Northern Brewer. Micro matic Beer beer more beer. and good old EBAY.hops I use. hops direct, Fresh hops. for every thing else inbetween I Use the LHBS.

#9 Spoon

Spoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationLower Alabama

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:58 PM

Sorry I left out that bit of info. Lower Alabama (LA) where this activity is still not approved, per se. :devil:

#10 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:45 PM

We usually buy from Austin Homebrew these days.

#11 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9735 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:45 PM

I try to buy local, but the "decent" shop is about a 40-45 min drive when traffic is good (which it never is during business hours). However, when I buy online, I usually go with one of three, B3, Williams Brewing, or Northern Brewer. It usually comes down to price and whether or not they have everything I need at the time. I have bought from Austin though and it was a good experience.Of course when I want to go Big or go home, it is North Country Malting.

#12 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:50 PM

Of course when I want to go Big or go home, it is North Country Malting.

word.

#13 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:19 PM

Traditionally from run of the mill when I wanna stock up on Grains or get some brewing supplies I have hit up B3, Midwest Homebrew and sometimes Grape and Granary in Ohio. I am planning to buy up a bunch of speciality grains and probably will go with Brewmaster Warehouse in GA since the owner is a BrewsBrother poster and when you have set shipping at $7.99 for an order I am up for that. For Hops its Hopsdirect and Freshhops sometimes as well. I participate in bulk grain orders with the homebrew club from North Country Malt too.

#14 Spoon

Spoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationLower Alabama

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:01 PM

Traditionally from run of the mill when I wanna stock up on Grains or get some brewing supplies I have hit up B3, Midwest Homebrew and sometimes Grape and Granary in Ohio. I am planning to buy up a bunch of speciality grains and probably will go with Brewmaster Warehouse in GA since the owner is a BrewsBrother poster and when you have set shipping at $7.99 for an order I am up for that. For Hops its Hopsdirect and Freshhops sometimes as well. I participate in bulk grain orders with the homebrew club from North Country Malt too.

Thanks for the tip! I checked out Brewmaster warehouse and I really like the prices! I'm placing an order tomorrow!Cheers!

#15 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:16 PM

[quote name='ChefLamont' date='07 December 2009 - 04:45 PM' timestamp='1260222352' post='240897'] when I buy online, I usually go with one of three, B3, Williams Brewing, or Northern Brewer. It usually comes down to price and whether or not they have everything I need at the time.+1 to this , Usually NB but Williams has better prices on some stuff. Also try to support the local guy, but some stuff they do not have.

#16 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:43 PM

Thanks for the tip! I checked out Brewmaster warehouse and I really like the prices! I'm placing an order tomorrow!Cheers!

You got it. Yes especially if you are in Bama. Enjoy and let me know how it goes, my first order there will be coming soon as well. Cheers.

#17 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFlorence Alabama

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:45 PM

I am in Alabama too and I usually order stuff from a combination of morebeer.com and brewmasterswarehouse.com. The latter are located in the Georgia and if you are in lower Alabama you can probably get your order within 3 or 4 days. I once ordered from them on Wednesday night and got my order on Saturday. Their prices are pretty good, too.

#18 Kansan

Kansan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLawrence, KS

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:41 PM

Those who support the Brewing Network get my business, when I can't make it the the LHBS that is 35 miles away.

#19 siouxbrewer

siouxbrewer

Comptroller of Teh Beefs and other beeflike animals that are tas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8259 posts
  • LocationGreat Plains, KS

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:10 AM

Those who support the Brewing Network get my business, when I can't make it the the LHBS that is 35 miles away.

Yeah and they don't carry white labs :huh:

#20 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:56 AM

Well my LHBS:Maryland HomebrewI've used mostly More beer. In all the years they screwed up only one order, and that was inadvertently subbing a seven position 1 1/2" triclove valve with a cheaper three position model. I was not amused. They not only refunded the cost of the valve but faxed a UPS shipper to send it back. So thumbs up on those guys.Also great experience with Northern Brewer and Williams brewing although I haven't used either as of late.

Edited by Stout_fan, 09 December 2009 - 06:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users