#1 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21355 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 25 July 2023 - 07:01 PM

I sold off all my stuff a long time back.

Looking at an "all in one" electric system like the Vevor.

Only 5-7 gallons of all grain. Nothing crazy like I had, (10-12 gallons, bunches of corny kegs, the whole thing). Just looking to make some beers I like on a simple scale with out a shit ton of equipment to clean and store.

Hit me!

#2 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 25 July 2023 - 07:05 PM

Wish I could help on these new systems but I've got nothing. I'm still doing things pretty manually.

Once your select a system il I'd be happy to talk process, ingredients, recipes, etc. though.

Edited by positiveContact, 25 July 2023 - 07:05 PM.

#3 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18069 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 04:21 AM

I am looking at downsizing myself.  It has been almost 2 years since I fired up mu brewery.  I am looking at the Anvil and this Brewzilla - https://www.morebeer...925g-220v.html Right now the Brewzilla is leading in my mind.

If possible I would really try and go with a 220v system for speed of water heating and boil intensity.

#4 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 26 July 2023 - 04:30 AM

I am looking at downsizing myself.  It has been almost 2 years since I fired up mu brewery.  I am looking at the Anvil and this Brewzilla - https://www.morebeer...925g-220v.html Right now the Brewzilla is leading in my mind.

If possible I would really try and go with a 220v system for speed of water heating and boil intensity.

smaller batches with 220v would rippin!

#5 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18069 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 07:05 AM

I am not sure my link worked the first time - linky poo 

I agree a small batch would fly on 220v ( really 240v) but I like to have that power to get the initial boil going and then dial back.

#6 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 26 July 2023 - 07:07 AM

If I was wanting to do smaller batches that would be fantastic. I don't understand how the price can be so low. It would cost 2x that to piece something together that probably wouldn't work as well.

#7 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18069 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 07:16 AM

Version 4 came out and the price for this version went way low.  The new version does have some nice improvements but I am not sure if they are worth the extra money.  

#8 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 26 July 2023 - 09:59 AM

Remember, you get what you pay for. I've tried more than a few all in one systems. Some were OK, some weren't.  That said, I think the Grainfather equipment is the best I've used or seen.

#9 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18069 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 10:28 AM

Remember, you get what you pay for. I've tried more than a few all in one systems. Some were OK, some weren't.  That said, I think the Grainfather equipment is the best I've used or seen.

Have you used the Brewzilla?

#10 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18069 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 10:35 AM

Second Question

Your G30, can that do a 3g batch?

ETA - Never mind --found the answer.  Yes, with an additional piece.

Edited by HVB, 26 July 2023 - 10:36 AM.

#11 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 26 July 2023 - 01:28 PM

Second Question

Your G30, can that do a 3g batch?

ETA - Never mind --found the answer.  Yes, with an additional piece.

Yeah, you have to use the mini pipework to account for the smaller water volume. Although, that mat not be the case any longer.  I think the G30v# uses the redesigned basket like the G40 and G70.  There's no center pie, which means easier stirring and no micro pipework needed.

ETA: Just checked and the G30v3 has a minimum batch size of 3 gal with no extra  equipment.  Maximum batch size is 7 gal.

#12 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18069 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 02:54 PM

I wonder if this is an older version, makes sense since it is on sale. https://shop.grainfa...ystem-220v.html

#13 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21355 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 26 July 2023 - 06:33 PM

Yeah, I'm just looking at a 7-9 gallon system.

I can get the shop wired for what ever I need. It has 70 amp service down there with it's own dedicated line from the meter and breaker box.

Looking at the Anvil 10.5 system and the Grainfather. I like the Anvil because of the size and cost. I'd be a fool to ignore Denny's recommendation.

the wife asked me about it tonight. I said I was sill looking around and told her about the electric systems on the market. She asked the cost. About a grand or so, soup to nuts for the brew system, fermenter and grain mill.

Edited by DuncanDad, 26 July 2023 - 06:49 PM.

#14 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18069 posts

Posted 26 July 2023 - 06:52 PM

I will say from my research the brewzilla is a better buy than the anvil and currently cheaper. Good luck with your decision!

#15 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21355 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 27 July 2023 - 09:45 AM

Just picked up a Reactor SS 8.5 gallon conical for 250.00 shipped from NB.

Just got to get sign off for the GrainFather...

Going to start with a few all grain kits from NB since I can get the grain crushed for me until I get used to brewing again and get a grain mill.

#16 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 27 July 2023 - 10:13 AM

I wonder if this is an older version, makes sense since it is on sale. https://shop.grainfa...ystem-220v.html

Looks like it to me. 

#17 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21355 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 27 July 2023 - 10:56 AM

It's also on offered in the 220v. Not the 110-those are OoS.

That's the only thing holding me back from jumping on the GrainFather. Any savings on the older model would be offset by having to have 220 setup in the shop.

Not the end of the world by any means. Just limits where I can brew instead of just plugging into the wall by the roll up door or in the middle of the shop.

#18 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18069 posts

Posted 27 July 2023 - 12:36 PM

Just pulled the trigger on the brewzilla.  I realize it is "older"  but will be fine for me and if it gets me back to brewing I am all for it.  Now to clean out the brewing room.

#19 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 27 July 2023 - 12:52 PM

It's also on offered in the 220v. Not the 110-those are OoS.

That's the only thing holding me back from jumping on the GrainFather. Any savings on the older model would be offset by having to have 220 setup in the shop.

Not the end of the world by any means. Just limits where I can brew instead of just plugging into the wall by the roll up door or in the middle of the shop.

Having used several different setups on both 110 and 220, lemme tell ya...you want 220. 

#20 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18069 posts

Posted 27 July 2023 - 01:10 PM

Having used several different setups on both 110 and 220, lemme tell ya...you want 220. 

I had said it once in here so I did not want to say it again but 100% agree.  220 is the only way to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users