#21 cbbrown40

cbbrown40

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationHelendale, Ca

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:37 PM

I've been lifting my buckets in and out and it's not too bad, but I am about to use a 15 gal sankey for a 10 gal batch so I rigged up a block and tackle with some rope and pulleys. A chain hoist probably would be easier, but this seems ok.

Ive been thinking about this. Me and the wife can put a Sanke in without a problem but would like to have a way to do it by myself

#22 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68757 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:36 AM

Ive been thinking about this. Me and the wife can put a Sanke in without a problem but would like to have a way to do it by myself

wonder if one of those Harbor Freight specials would hold up to lifting a full sankey, i assume so if they can lift an engine block.

#23 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:26 PM

This is what I built for the very same reason. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageI built it out of 2x4's, it has locking castors on the bottom. I bought the winch and cable from harbor freight, and the stainless fittings I bought at home depot. It fits through doorways fine, and I can adjust the placement of where it places things. I made it to be able to fit around a 15CF chest freezer, and if I get a larger chest freezer again, I will just use it at an angle. Total cost was very reasonable, and I think it will help to save my back!

#24 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47959 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

Dayuum, you've got a lot of cornies. :)

#25 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:11 PM

Haha. That is only about half (and they are two deep), I have somewhere around in the mid 70's. I am currently using roughly 40 of them, and am reconditioning the kegs as I need. I found an amazing deal, and if I find more kegs, I will gladly increase my inventory. Haha.

#26 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47959 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

Haha. That is only about half (and they are two deep), I have somewhere around in the mid 70's. I am currently using roughly 40 of them, and am reconditioning the kegs as I need. I found an amazing deal, and if I find more kegs, I will gladly increase my inventory. Haha.

Whenever I think I'm a hardcore home brewer...I have eight. :)

#27 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68757 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:16 PM

Whenever I think I'm a hardcore home brewer...I have eight. :)

Eight is enough :rolf:

#28 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:17 AM

Posted Image

Put some Drylock on that wall!

0 user(s) are reading this topic