#21 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:48 AM

Bottled Falcon Claws last week, a Samiclaus clone.14+ ABV makes one merry :angry:

Could you post or PM me this recipe? What type of yeast?

#22 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54189 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:46 PM

Here is the one I have in secondary right now. I plan to have it cold, carbed and kegged on December 1st so I can drink it all through December while shoveling, bringing in the Christmas tree, tending to the fire and singing along with Johnny Mathis while chestnuts nip at my nose. :crybaby:

#23 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:58 PM

This year's holiday ale is the liquid stupid I brewed at the end of May. It should be sufficiently sneaky by Christmas to flatten my family coming out to visit. They are all coming from low elevation too which will just make it that much meaner.I've also got a belgian quad, an american style oaked barley wine, and 5 gallons of vanilla cinnamon mead. It's gonna be a good christmas.

Quite scary, my holiday lineup is almost identcal. Liquid stupid brewed 5/8, a RIS on oak, a BW, and an old ale on oak. I do not have relatives coming to visit though- just going to have to flatten myself. :crybaby: :mellow:

#24 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:44 PM

We have a Baltic Porter that's been sampled a few times - nice, and still on the first keg. And the annual Christmas stout....... An oatmeal stout this year that really needs the coffee, chocolate and vanilla put in soon - probably tomorrow.

#25 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:55 AM

Could you post or PM me this recipe? What type of yeast?

You need Zurich Lager WLP885https://archive.malt...es/20011201.php

#26 Mashman

Mashman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGunnison CO

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:08 AM

For Turkey day I have an American IPA, a Cali Common, a Belgian Blond fermented with Brett C and a Dunkelweizen on tap. For Christmas I'm thinking of puttimg Le Freak on tap a Belgian Strong Golden finished with the dregs of my Oud Bruin. Its funky and about 11%.Mashman

#27 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:04 AM

You need Zurich Lager WLP885https://archive.malt...es/20011201.php

Thanks for the recipe, I added it to my favorites, I will try and brew this before the end of the year. I have an IPA on board next, then I will do this one. May make a lighter bock or something first to use the cake. Have you seen this strain around recently? I checked Midwest and B3, and both do not have it. Is it seasonal or disc.?

#28 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:20 AM

Thirsty, it's a seasonal Platinum strain. So you kind of have to brew this beer around White Labs schedule.

#29 Marmot

Marmot

Advanced "Member"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4565 posts
  • LocationI am definitely not Weeper

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:07 PM

The St Nicks will be kegged tonight. I am hoping I can pull a few pints tomorrow night.Marmot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users