#1 Marmot

Marmot

Advanced "Member"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4565 posts
  • LocationI am definitely not Weeper

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:15 PM

In the summer of aught 8, I brewed St Nick's Holiday Ale per the recipe from that other board. I need to finish sucking down an IPA to free up a cornie to get the holiday ale on tap.Any holiday brews on tap or to be on tap this season?Marmot PS - you guys still brew, right?

Edited by Marmot, 19 November 2009 - 08:16 PM.

#2 Iraq Lobstah

Iraq Lobstah

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43095 posts
  • LocationCamarillo, CA

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:18 PM

im 1/2 thru my 1/2bbl of Celebration 2009...... Thinking about ordering another.....

#3 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87580 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:20 PM

i actually didn't brew one this year... but I probably will in the next week or two... I do a fairly big porter w/ a touch of fresh ginger, some cinnamon and a few other spices... each year it gets tweaked a little, this year imma up the malt bill slightly

#4 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:25 PM

Smoked Imperial Brown @ MBC for Xmas, Xmas Ale at Schlafly for Xmas, Old Ale @ Schlafly for Thanksgiving/Xmas, Smoked Doppelbock @ MBC for new years and trying to brew up a spiced Belgian Dark Strong @ MBC for the brewery's Anniversary. Is that enough?

#5 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42111 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:32 PM

Imma try one more brew. If it doesnt tuen out Im selling off the equipment and buying kegs again....By the way it's going to be a spicy holiday ale...

#6 EWW

EWW

Regular, normal human being

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26190 posts
  • LocationSomewhere special

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:40 PM

Imma try one more brew. If it doesnt tuen out Im selling off the equipment and buying kegs again....By the way it's going to be a spicy holiday ale...

this man needs an intervention!recipe, technique, fermentation schedule stat!wait .... PH posters brew ???

#7 CarlosM

CarlosM

SeƱor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:45 PM

wait .... PH posters brew ???

I want to brew but to damn cheap(broke) to buy propane.

#8 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42111 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:48 PM

this man needs an intervention!recipe, technique, fermentation schedule stat!wait .... PH posters brew ???

I'm very meticulous about my methods, but my brews lately just havent been up to my standards. Which is why I buy most of the beer I drink anymore...

#9 EWW

EWW

Regular, normal human being

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26190 posts
  • LocationSomewhere special

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:54 PM

I'm very meticulous about my methods, but my brews lately just havent been up to my standards. Which is why I buy most of the beer I drink anymore...

I think we all realize this, but something is amiss otherwise they would be stellar. Sounds like you have hit a plateau which suggests help may be needed before you sell you stuff and maybe get a 1/3 of what you put into it.

#10 penguin

penguin

Comptroller of Arctic Mammals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Texas

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:00 AM

i havent brewed a lick this year. still have last years barley wine for for this years Christmas brew club get together. I dont plan on stopping i just dont have the extra money to do so this year.

#11 awall

awall

Comptroller of Being a Cool Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10394 posts
  • LocationRowley

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:02 AM

haven't brewed since the baby in june (yea, i know it's a waste of dirty diapers).

#12 weave

weave

Just Silly and Overboard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8111 posts
  • LocationWestern NY

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:04 AM

I haven't brewed since mid summer, and those were all small beers, except one Belgian IPA. I actually forgot about that one until I saw this thread.I have been stocking up on Ommegang products in anticipation of they holidays.

#13 Kremer

Kremer

Comptroller of MS Paint Diagrams and other vague unspecified stu

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9175 posts
  • Location38.360502, -85.311022 (Louisville, KY area)

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:17 AM

<2319>I'm putting my pumpkin ale in the fridge tonight probably.</2319>

#14 Spoon

Spoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationLower Alabama

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:32 AM

Im gonna brew me up some this holiday finally. I have like 100hrs of leave to burn so between T-day and Xmas/NYrs I gonna brew.But I am going to buy bunches of Celebration Ale too :angry: :sarcasm:

#15 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:44 AM

Brewed a Pumpkin ale a month ago and its on tap now. I put the recipe in the Recipe swap and brewed mine with Belgian Yeast 3522. Awesome flavored beer, low spice and tasty. This one should be around for Thanksgiving too maybe Xmas if not it might be brewed again.

#16 mach5

mach5

Helibottle Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationColumbia, PA

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:14 AM

Brewed a spiced winter warmer over the summer that has some aging time in, and also me and a buddy did a bourbon barrel porter that I am really stoked to try...waiting for bottle conditioning.

#17 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:22 AM

In the summer of aught 8, I brewed St Nick's Holiday Ale per the recipe from that other board. I need to finish sucking down an IPA to free up a cornie to get the holiday ale on tap.Any holiday brews on tap or to be on tap this season?Marmot PS - you guys still brew, right?

haha - your post got moved to beer forum - NOW YOU'RE ON MY TURF BITCH!!!j/k - you guys should post over here more...

#18 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:24 AM

This year's holiday ale is the liquid stupid I brewed at the end of May. It should be sufficiently sneaky by Christmas to flatten my family coming out to visit. They are all coming from low elevation too which will just make it that much meaner.I've also got a belgian quad, an american style oaked barley wine, and 5 gallons of vanilla cinnamon mead. It's gonna be a good christmas.

#19 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:52 AM

This year's holiday ale is the liquid stupid I brewed at the end of May. It should be sufficiently sneaky by Christmas to flatten my family coming out to visit. They are all coming from low elevation too which will just make it that much meaner.I've also got a belgian quad, an american style oaked barley wine, and 5 gallons of vanilla cinnamon mead. It's gonna be a good christmas.

sounds like a good plan :angry:

#20 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:58 AM

Bottled Falcon Claws last week, a Samiclaus clone.14+ ABV makes one merry :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users