#21 No Party JKor

No Party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64408 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:59 PM

It sounds like your heat bar may not be completely melting the bag. is there any thermal or time adjustment for the sealing portion?I have one of those sinbo snorkel seals and like it, there's an adjustment for the heat time it puts on the bag after vacuuming. I use the sealer all the time. If I had the $ I'd get a SVP-15 chamber vac, those things are sweeeeeeeeeettt, I've been trolling ebay and other places but haven't found even a used one for less than $500 :covreyes:

The vacuum pump on my vacuum sealer goes for $10,000 by itself. :angry:

#22 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:59 PM

yea no adjustments for that an all they emailed me back was the paragraph in the FAQ section the the site...i am going to try out some different bags if it still doesnt work might have to chalk it up as a loss.

#23 No Party JKor

No Party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64408 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:39 PM

I've never used one of these consumer grade vacuum sealers, so bear with me...Can you feel the sealing element? If you can, run your finger along it looking for any dents. It doesn't take much of a dent to ruin the seal. Can you make a second seal without running the vacuum? Shift the bag left or right a little bit and make another seal directly over the first seal.Try that and let us know what happens.

#24 Manwithbeers

Manwithbeers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island, BC, Canada

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:36 PM

bay leaf??

Bay Leaves are a natural insect repellent. Sorry for not explaining that. LOL

#25 Kremer

Kremer

Comptroller of MS Paint Diagrams and other vague unspecified stu

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9193 posts
  • Location38.360502, -85.311022 (Louisville, KY area)

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:28 AM

I've never used one of these consumer grade vacuum sealers, so bear with me...Can you feel the sealing element? If you can, run your finger along it looking for any dents. It doesn't take much of a dent to ruin the seal. Can you make a second seal without running the vacuum? Shift the bag left or right a little bit and make another seal directly over the first seal.Try that and let us know what happens.

yes to these suggestions.

#26 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:50 AM

I'll have to check the element when I get home and see if there are any dents. I have already tried the 2nd seal option though...made 2 on the bottom of the bag and 2 on the top...still the vacuum was lost overnight. When looking at the seal there is nothing that would tell me there are any holes in it...I'd probably have to use a microscope though to really find a culprit.

#27 No Party JKor

No Party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64408 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:04 PM

I'll have to check the element when I get home and see if there are any dents. I have already tried the 2nd seal option though...made 2 on the bottom of the bag and 2 on the top...still the vacuum was lost overnight. When looking at the seal there is nothing that would tell me there are any holes in it...I'd probably have to use a microscope though to really find a culprit.

Seal the bag without pulling a vacuum on it, so it's like a balloon. Submerge it in some water and look for the bubbles.

#28 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:08 PM

Seal the bag without pulling a vacuum on it, so it's like a balloon. Submerge it in some water and look for the bubbles.

damn....good thinking

#29 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:08 PM

immersion test :facepalm:

#30 No Party JKor

No Party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64408 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:15 PM

immersion test :facepalm:

well, fine, if you want to be all fancy about it, we can call it an immersion test.

#31 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:17 PM

well, fine, if you want to be all fancy about it, we can call it an immersion test.

i do and we shall :facepalm:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users