#1 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:46 AM

I kegged my last batch of Double Brown Cask Ale last night. I roasted my 2 lbs of amber malt this morning. Now im doughing in on my latest Fat Tire clone (thanks, hophead!). I also bought ingredients for a batch of Ken's MLPA. Not sure if ill get to that one this weekend or not.Anyone else?

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:00 PM

I kegged my last batch of Double Brown Cask Ale last night. I roasted my 2 lbs of amber malt this morning. Now im doughing in on my latest Fat Tire clone (thanks, hophead!). I also bought ingredients for a batch of Ken's MLPA. Not sure if ill get to that one this weekend or not.Anyone else?

Racked Ken's MLPA to secondary yesterday. Drinking lots of homebrew tonight with some people.

#3 Gumbo Leviathan

Gumbo Leviathan

Nutritional Anthropologist

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35195 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:14 PM

I did two batches today, and I am freakin exhausted.Started off at 7:30 with a Bohemian Pilsner. Dealing with a protein rest and raising the mash temp wasn't much fun before coffee. Think I nailed it though. Final mash temp was 148. Its a nice yellow color and it came out at 1.047. Lets see how that one goes. My previous attempt at doing a pilsner came out less than stellar. But this one went much more smoothly than the last time so I am confident I got this one :rolf:While doing a 90 minute boil on the pils I started a mash on a sortof ESB. I threw a lb of flaked oats into it...so I figured its a "Breakfast Bitter" :devil: Mashed around 154. I did 10lbs 2-row, 1/2 of Crystal 60, 1/2 of Torrified Wheat and the lb of oats... Bittered it with a couple oz of EKGs... Forgot the Irish Moss though. Might head to the LHBS and pick up some post-fermentation finings.Just finished that up a 1/2 hour ago. Looks like I hit 1.049. Dumped it on to a yeast cake of 1028 that was left from fermenting an IPA that went from 1.062 to 1.008 in only 4 days... Awesome...Pils is now in my lagering fridge waiting for the temp to drop as close to fermentation-temp as I can stomach leaving it without yeast before I pitch. Figure I will do that some time tonight...

#4 CoastieSteve

CoastieSteve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:28 PM

Kegging an APA and going to brew a light pale ale for an upcoming unit picnic. Won the unit homebrew competion last year and am hoping to defend my title! They only gave us 5 weeks notice this time!

#5 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:32 PM

15 gallons of 100% maris otter malt.No hops.BrewBasser

#6 EWW

EWW

Regular, normal human being

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26137 posts
  • LocationSomewhere special

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:43 PM

Will be kegging 10 gallons of tripel, and cleaning some stuff since I'm moving on monday. Hope to brew a bitter middle of next week.

#7 Yeasty Boy

Yeasty Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationFt Collins

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:45 PM

Just doing some transferring and kegging. I had planned a dubbel, but I went and moved a cherry tree into the yard today, we're coloring eggs, wife and I are celebrating our anniversary tonight, tomorrow, egghunt, dinner at a friend's.... I'll get to it early this next week. Finally playing with the Ingelmunster. I have had some excellent homebrews with this stuff.

#8 Mashman

Mashman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGunnison CO

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:47 PM

This weekend nothing, I have 35G in fermenters and another 60 or so in kegs. Next weekend I'll either brew a red IPA or a grand cru.Mashman

#9 earthtone

earthtone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:50 PM

15 gallons of 100% maris otter malt.No hops.BrewBasser

wow, I've often wondered how the drinkability an unhopped brew would be. How's this kinda brew come out? and if I may ask, why make it without even a bittering addition?

#10 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:51 PM

wow, I've often wondered how the drinkability an unhopped brew would be. How's this kinda brew come out? and if I may ask, why make it without even a bittering addition?

Um.....I don't think I'm allowed to.....BrewBasser

#11 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:02 PM

I wanted to make two brews this day, i was only able to brew one. Pale ale, did manage to clean my hops garden out. They are off to the races , i am more optimistic this year about them. Year two for my hops.

#12 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:47 PM

I wanted to make two brews this day, i was only able to brew one. Pale ale, did manage to clean my hops garden out. They are off to the races , i am more optimistic this year about them. Year two for my hops.

This year they will be better. Next year and beyond they will be epic.Takes a few years for the hops to come into their own, but when they do.....BrewBasser

#13 Bearphin

Bearphin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationWest of Atlanta

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:07 PM

Didn't have a chance to do anything today. And tomorrow is shot thanks to Bunny Day.Fortunately, I took Monday off so I plan on kegging a strong stout and then brewing up a Rye pale ale.

#14 Dave

Dave

Grammaraticus of Titty Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32475 posts
  • LocationLugnar Island

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:35 AM

This is the first weekend I haven't brewed in a few months I think... I did keg an APA yesterday and force carbed it. Good thing I did cause the keg I was drinking ran out late last night when I just wanted about 30 minutes worth....so I got to try the new keg---amarillo and centennial!

#15 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:22 AM

Well, i got the fat tire clone all done yesterday, and its bubbling away this morning. I was going to try to do a MLPA today, but i think ill wait til next weekend. Today the Easter Bunny and I are gonna do some drinkin'. LOL

#16 Stuster

Stuster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

Brewed a bitter yesterday, all First Gold hops with Thomas Fawcett Maris Otter, a touch of crystal and pale chocolate. Tonight I should be able to get round to doing a pale ale with Amarillo and Centennial. Going to use 1026 on both of them. Really loved the summer ale I made with this yeast so looking forward to these two batches. :)

#17 CoastieSteve

CoastieSteve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 04:38 PM

Man, I just love kegging a carboy of beer then immediately pouring the wort directly onto the yeast cake and stirring :). Today's ale started heavy fermentation within an hour!

#18 Flashman

Flashman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:00 PM

I brewed my first 10 gallon batch yesterday...a Belgian Tripel...fermenting half with 3787 and the other half with 3864. I'm kicking myself for not doing 10 gallon batches sooner...only took a little longer for twice the beer :)

Tonight I should be able to get round to doing a pale ale with Amarillo and Centennial.

I've got a Centennial/Amarillo APA on tap right now and it's awesome.

#19 Greatfookin

Greatfookin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationRiver Grove , Illinois

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

Brewing an American wheat with 16 lbs Maris otter and 7 lbs of wheat, 1 lb Belgian Biscuit, and 1/2 lb crystal 60. Willamette, Fuggles, and EKGhttps://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

#20 Gumbo Leviathan

Gumbo Leviathan

Nutritional Anthropologist

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35195 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:20 PM

Man, I just love kegging a carboy of beer then immediately pouring the wort directly onto the yeast cake and stirring :). Today's ale started heavy fermentation within an hour!

Yep!The ESB I brewed yesterday went hog wild on its yeast cake within an hour. Its pretty much done fermenting... Bubbles only a few per min now in the airlock. Kreusen fell too...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users