#21 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9734 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:35 PM

...a Fruity Pebble beer for our brew club's Iron Brewer challenge....should be interesting.

Yea, come on. You cant just throw that out there with no details or explanation.

#22 nbbeerguy

nbbeerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationFredericton NB Canada

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:41 PM

I'm thinking a Blueberry Wheat with US 05

#23 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:00 AM

Monday I did my Maudite clone. Had to use up the yeast.Being able to brew during the week is probably the only benefit of being unemployed. :stabby:

#24 GaryNConcord

GaryNConcord

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1904 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:02 PM

To kick this to the next weekend, just put 5 gallons Christmas Cheer in the primary. Life is good.

#25 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:29 PM

Probably brew up a Dampfbier tomorrow...weather should be nice!

#26 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:39 PM

nothing for me - kegged my APA today after drinking way too much AIPA (7% ABV) last night to kick the keg ;)

#27 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:44 PM

Getting out of work here for the week in a few minutes, pick up the kids and then its off to home and will be mashing in this afternoon on a Belgian IPA that I brewed back in May and ready to make it again. Ferment with 3522. Looking forward to this beer again. Cheers and happy weekend!!

#28 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:23 PM

Just finished cleaning up after brewing 12 gallons of a slightly modified Mack and Jack's African Amber clone. Also had to clean the whole kegerator out and pull all 5 kegs out- had a leaky post on a BW, and lost about 1/2 gallon of it before it started spilling out of the doors for me to notice ;)

#29 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:08 PM

Just finished cleaning up after brewing 12 gallons of a slightly modified Mack and Jack's African Amber clone. Also had to clean the whole kegerator out and pull all 5 kegs out- had a leaky post on a BW, and lost about 1/2 gallon of it before it started spilling out of the doors for me to notice ;)

never herd of this beer...so i looked it up and I cannot find a reason why it is african...

#30 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:11 AM

never herd of this beer...so i looked it up and I cannot find a reason why it is african...

I have never heard of it around here either, but according to the label pictured in BYO's 150 clones, I think it is because there is a lion's head on the label. Can't fool with marketing!

#31 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18071 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:26 AM

No reason why it is called African either. I had a friend that lived in Seattle for a while and said it was a good beer. I think it is draft only beer.

#32 AndyCLS

AndyCLS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationClinton, MA

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:20 PM

Brewing a Wee Heavy Scotch Ale right now

#33 macbrak

macbrak

Comptroller of PUI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationGhost of Jobs Planet

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:59 PM

No reason why it is called African either. I had a friend that lived in Seattle for a while and said it was a good beer. I think it is draft only beer.

Here:"Know African Amber and Serengeti Wheat, originally developed as house brews for the Park Pub in Phinney Ridge, were inspired by the pub’s proximity to the exotic creatures at the Woodland Park Zoo."Very good stuff.I'll probably brew Wednesday to celebrate Veteran's Day

#34 Frogman

Frogman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:21 PM

Just finished up making a barley wine and a APA from the same mash. The Barleywine is a big boy weighting in at an OG of 1.127.Tommorrow its a Bohemian Pilsener from the latest BYO mag. ;)

#35 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21369 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:52 AM

Getting the strike water hot right now.Brewing 10 gallons of Coffee/Chocolate Stout16# of British 2 row20 oz of British Crystal 601# of Chocolate Malt.5# of Roasted BarleyMash in at 156Hops:2 oz East Kent Goldings1 oz Fuggles1/2 oz EKGSafAle #5 ale yeast

#36 Frogman

Frogman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:43 AM

Just finished up my Bohemian Pilsener, well now its a Bohemian Ale, my pack of wyeast 2001 never puffed up. Damn those expiration dates, good thing I had some Wyeast 1338 European Ale yeast on hand.

#37 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21369 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:30 PM

Follow up:I hit all of my marks.Started the chill.Stepped inside to check the game score.Came back out. Hose had come off the boil pot to the chiller. I have about 5 gallons of wort instead of 10.5.Ripped a hop bag cleaning it out.Someone shoot me. :) :cheers:

#38 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64096 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:34 PM

Brewing an extract mild tonight, my first extract brew in many years. Should be interesting. It's going to be weird doing an extract batch again.

#39 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18071 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:07 PM

Brewing an extract mild tonight, my first extract brew in many years. Should be interesting. It's going to be weird doing an extract batch again.

Run out of grain!! LOL :cheers:

#40 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:00 PM

Follow up:I hit all of my marks.Started the chill.Stepped inside to check the game score.Came back out. Hose had come off the boil pot to the chiller. I have about 5 gallons of wort instead of 10.5.Ripped a hop bag cleaning it out.Someone shoot me. :) :cheers:

So, so, sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users