#21 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:58 AM

Averaged about 1 a month. That's my typical goal.

#22 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64098 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:45 PM

The nice thing about promash is the session logging feature. When i started back up brewing i started logging all my sessions and notes in promash so i have pretty solid records going back to 2008-2009. It's not the best tracking feature imaginable but its simple and functional. If it wasn't i'd have probably given up on it.

It would be nice if there was software out there with more batch-to-batch analytical capability, but I just don't think its available for homebrewers.

#23 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54142 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:05 PM

The nice thing about promash is the session logging feature. When i started back up brewing i started logging all my sessions and notes in promash so i have pretty solid records going back to 2008-2009. It's not the best tracking feature imaginable but its simple and functional. If it wasn't i'd have probably given up on it.

It would be nice if there was software out there with more batch-to-batch analytical capability, but I just don't think its available for homebrewers.

The one I wrote was functional but since I wrote it before I knew anything about brewing (kidding, kind of), I would have to rewrite it and add a lot of data points like pH, water additions, lactic acid additions, etc. I'm kind of surprised that I haven't grabbed onto one of the OTC products like BeerSmith or whatever. I have them but I don't use them for some reason. A lot of these have inventories which is nice too. Do a "receipt" when you buy new stuff, have the recipe calculator remove products from inventory, etc. so you always know what you have available to you. Seems like a cool feature but do I use it? I sure don't. :D

#24 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64098 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

Yes, I also like the inventory feature and keep it updated.  It really does come in handy when formulating recipes. 

#25 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:57 PM

28 batches.  Lower than I thought it would be.  Two in this year though and another this weekend assuming I have things rewired.

#26 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 16 January 2016 - 03:14 PM

10 gallons.   :mad:

And all of it was for a family reunion... 10 gallons of mine, plus 5 gallons of a cousin... gone in under 5 hours.

#27 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16667 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 03:18 PM

10 gallons.   :mad:

And all of it was for a family reunion... 10 gallons of mine, plus 5 gallons of a cousin... gone in under 5 hours.

Jump back in, more brewing= better brewing for me. But also means I have to give away more beer.

#28 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 16 January 2016 - 03:19 PM

Jump back in, more brewing= better brewing for me. But also means I have to give away more beer.

Thanks... just posted another thread about my "issues" with winter brewing...

#29 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:35 PM

Finally just checked on this. 225 gallons for the year. Currently have about 20-25 gallons of that left.

#30 Dave McG

Dave McG

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9598 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:33 PM

Damn. I just tallied up and I believe I brewed three times last year for a total of 30 gallons, and the last time I brewed was in April. I've been in school, we moved, blah blah blah. I still have to set the gear up at the new house, but I have ingredients for a few batches ready to go.

#31 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:30 PM

I only had 10 brews last year, mostly 5 gallon batches.  I hope to do better this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users