#1 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

Getting an early start on the weekend here tonight. I am off work tomorrow and the in laws will be here tomorrow as well till Monday. I am mashed in right now on an Oatmeal Stout. Magnum and Willamette. Repitch of a fresh cake of 1084. SG should be around 1.062-64. I am also kegging a Hop Bursted India Brown Ale while I am boiling the Stout. Hope everyone has a mashing weekend!

#2 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54462 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

I have beer on a brewing tear lately. I think I have brewed every week for the past 5 to 6 weeks. Last week it was Bases Loaded Blonde Ale (that I plan to bottle) and this week it was the Altbier we were talking about in the recipe forum. Next week, I think it will be a new Amber Ale recipe I have (it's on my site under RECIPES... last one on the page. After that I may fire up some 2206 and make some nice, rich German lagers. Drinking a glass of MLPA right now... hits the spot! Cheers.

#3 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:06 PM

Made a red ale today, used ken's recipe with the mt.hood hops(ale). Had a good efficiency, hope for airlock activity soon. The last red was great, this one should be even better.

#4 Mashman

Mashman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGunnison CO

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

I'm brewing on Saturday if I can avoid the pig flu thats been going around work.Mashman

#5 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64183 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:02 PM

It's my birthday Saturday, I'll be getting up early to knock out a batch of smoked robust porter, then we're going to an Oktoberfest celebration at a local brewpub. Should be an awesome day. I can't wait!

#6 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54462 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:35 PM

Kegdude: Good luck with the red!Mashman: Good luck avoiding the flu.JK: Happy Birthday, good luck with the porter and have fun at the Oktober celebration! Cheers! :cheers:

#7 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:47 PM

18bbls of freshly pressed Cider on Tuesday120bbls of Pale Ale on Wednesday 50bbls of Oatmeal Stout todayFriday...I'm not sure, probably some Oatmeal StoutSaturday, Sunday and Monday 4.5bbls of Witbier and 4.5bbls of APA...

#8 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:51 PM

18bbls of freshly pressed Cider on Tuesday120bbls of Pale Ale on Wednesday 50bbls of Oatmeal Stout todayFriday...I'm not sure, probably some Oatmeal StoutSaturday, Sunday and Monday 4.5bbls of Witbier and 4.5bbls of APA...

Excellent Drew. Looks like the Oatmeal Stout is the beer of choice to brew this weekend. Rock on. I am sure your version is a winner.

#9 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:30 PM

This morning after scouting some new fishing holes, i brewed a batch of hoppy APA and tossed it on a yeast cake from last weeks batch. Now my weekend is free to fish. Next weekend is an amber. After that, im not really sure. Maybe ill join you guys and make an Oatmeal Stout, but this time ill bottle the whole batch. Stouts tend to stick around in the kegerator too long around here. I rarely drink the dark stuff so it should age nicely in 22oz bottles. :cheers:

#10 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:22 AM

Kegged my Spooky Spice Pumpkin Ale on Wednesday night and I think I freakin' NAILED IT! Perfect amount of spice! I mashed with 60 oz of pumpkin pie mix, put two teaspoons of pumpkin spice in the boil, then made a pumpkin extract with spice and vanilla vodka added that to the secondary. It's been sitting on 30psi since Wednesday evening so it should be ready to go tonight...cannot wait. I'm brewing Ken's MPLA on Sunday before football and call it National League Central Division Champs Pale Ale! GO CARDS!

#11 nbbeerguy

nbbeerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationFredericton NB Canada

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:03 AM

Saturday Brewing a Pale Ale Sunday brewing a Lager

#12 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:42 AM

Just about to start sparging and Am. Amber/Red. Nailed my mash temp, pulled a pint.......

#13 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:59 AM

I just drew up the recipe for an AIPA (10gal) that will include 9oz of Centennial from my Dad's second year plant. I'm using Northern Brewer for the bittering addition so I can save the Cents for flavor/aroma.

#14 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:40 AM

10 Gallons of ordinary bitter today. I'm on my way to the LHBS right now!

#15 beach

beach

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:20 AM

Brewed an IPA yesterday and brewing a dark lager tomorrow. :wub:

#16 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:29 AM

I'm chilling down my robust porter wort right now. Damn, it smells good.

#17 BrianBrewerKS

BrianBrewerKS

Comptroller of Winging It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:18 PM

On Sunday I'm brewing either a pumpkin ale or MLPA. At first, I was definitely going to do a pumpkin ale, but I'm not so sure now..

#18 nbbeerguy

nbbeerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationFredericton NB Canada

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:46 PM

Saturday 7.25 lbs. Maris Otter Pale1.5 lbs. Weyermann CaraMunich® II1 lbs. Malted Wheat0.5 oz. East Kent Goldings (Pellets, 12 %AA) boiled 60 min.Yeast : Fermentis US-05 Safale US-05Sunday5.75 lbs. American 2-row1 lbs. American Vienna1 lbs. Malted Wheat1 lbs. Corn Flakes.25 oz. Amarillo (Pellets, 7 %AA) boiled 60 minYeast : Fermentis S-23 Saflager S-23

#19 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:08 PM

Excellent Drew. Looks like the Oatmeal Stout is the beer of choice to brew this weekend. Rock on. I am sure your version is a winner.

Thanks, this one is not mine, however, it is the Schlafly Oatmeal Stout, which is among the top of its class. The current iteration is a descendant of the original recipe devised by Dave Miller when he was the head Brewer at Schlafly in the early '90s, however, it has been probably the least changed of all Schlafly recipes over the years, it is actually nearly identical.

#20 Nick Bates

Nick Bates

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationWestland,Mi

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:37 AM

Im doing The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown Ale, my local brew shop has a special for 20 bucks you get everything to make 5gals. check it out https://www.homebrewing.org/. They have it advertised in BYO as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users