#1 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:17 PM

Has anyone used Apollo hops? Some just became available to me, and I could use some opinions before I start messing around with 'em.

#2 Rick

Rick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:35 PM

I got this description from Niko, from Nikobrew.com:Scratch #20-2009: Apollo Imperial AleON TAP AND CASES (on sale noon on June 17th)O.G.: 18.5 PlatoA.B.V.: 7%I.B.U.’s: 115Malt: Pils, Munich, CrystalYeast: House Ale YeastKettle Hops: Apollo, Warrior, Palisade, AmarilloHopback: Apollo, ColumbusScratch #20 has been dubbed Apollo Imperial Ale because of our experimentation with a new hop variety.Apollo hops are high alpha acid with an intense aroma. Married with other high alpha hops, with almost two pounds of hops added per barrel produced, AIA has an intense staying power in the back of the throat. After a long discussion between Chris, John and the brewers, they dubbed this hop flavor stinky grapefruit with a hint of perfume. The dark color might lead you to believe the some malt may shine through; but no, the hops are the true player in this ale.

#3 Rick

Rick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:40 PM

drewselsu,Here is another link I found a couple week ago when I was researching these hopsApollo Hops

#4 gumballhead

gumballhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Locationsw michigan

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:58 AM

Has anyone used Apollo hops? Some just became available to me, and I could use some opinions before I start messing around with 'em.

DrewDo me a favor and Take all you can get. then send the me some.I have been hoping some would pop up soon. these are a fantastic hop.we have a place near Notre Dame called Granite City. they use this hop and it is Like Amerillo and Cascadebut with a bigger Alpha like Admerial or CTZ .fruity and aromatic. you will not be disapointed. make an IPA or an APA or a killer wheat with them. likeGumballhead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users