#21 VolFan

VolFan

Comptroller of teh spr0ts

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12964 posts
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:04 AM

Hmmm... it works for me. Try a force-refresh in your browswer (F5 or perhaps Ctrl+F5) to ensure you're not using an older/cached style sheet.

Not working for me either in Firefox or IE.

#22 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:23 AM

Hmmm... it works for me. Try a force-refresh in your browswer (F5 or perhaps Ctrl+F5) to ensure you're not using an older/cached style sheet.

Interesting, it opens a new tab for external links, but not for links to other brews-bros threads.

#23 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:37 AM

You can't mark a forum as read (by clicking the coloured folder) without first going into that forum and then back out.

Hmmmmm, this is working fine for me.

#24 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:40 PM

It happens on the Beer forum, for sure. FireFox 3.0.11

I just tried it on the Beer forum and it worked ok for me. FF 3.5.2.

#25 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:04 PM

This one has to do with editing posts and it's an intermittent problem (my favorite). Sometimes after I edit a post and click "Save Changes" I get a confirmation screen that lasts a couple of seconds and then I return to the topic that contains the post I edited. When this happens, my edits are not saved. When I don't get the confirmation screen, the edits are saved correctly. More often than not, the first edit does not save correctly but so far the second one always does.

#26 BlackBeerd

BlackBeerd

Comptroller of Stain's Junk Posting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18287 posts
  • LocationA Drunken Stupor

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:35 AM

On my iPhone the threads don't get marked as read or marked when there are new posts. Is there a setting for that?

#27 LibraAle

LibraAle

Comptroller of Nuns and Apostles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1970 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:13 PM

Has anyone found out how to add someone to your ignore list?

#28 LibraAle

LibraAle

Comptroller of Nuns and Apostles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1970 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:43 PM

So apparently you can do this from their profile anymore. But if you click on your name in the upper right-hand corner you get a dropdown menu that includes managing your ignored users list.

#29 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:46 PM

Yeah, it's "My Settings" and then select the Profile tab and then go to Manage Ignored Users.

So apparently you can do this from their profile anymore. But if you click on your name in the upper right-hand corner you get a dropdown menu that includes managing your ignored users list.

Or that.

#30 Marmot

Marmot

Advanced "Member"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4565 posts
  • LocationI am definitely not Weeper

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:21 AM

Is the option still available to show each user's location on their profile info that is posted to the left of their post?I like to see where everyone is from as it helps me digest some of their ramblings...err...posts. For me, it often puts into context some of the post such as if they live in California, Texas, New York, etc.Marmot

#31 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:57 AM

Is the option still available to show each user's location on their profile info that is posted to the left of their post?I like to see where everyone is from as it helps me digest some of their ramblings...err...posts. For me, it often puts into context some of the post such as if they live in California, Texas, New York, etc.Marmot

Good question. The field is still there in the profile so there should be a way to enable displaying it. I'm gonna move this over to the bugs thread and ask that Ret take a look to see if he can find out where the switch is to turn that on. I took a look through ACP and didn't see it.

#32 Ret S. York

Ret S. York

pwn*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMooresville / Charlotte

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:48 AM

Good question. The field is still there in the profile so there should be a way to enable displaying it. I'm gonna move this over to the bugs thread and ask that Ret take a look to see if he can find out where the switch is to turn that on. I took a look through ACP and didn't see it.

From everything I see in the settings, this field *should be* displayed when reading topics, but it clearly isn't. I'll have to search the IPB forums to see if this is a known bug.

#33 Ret S. York

Ret S. York

pwn*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMooresville / Charlotte

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:34 PM

First, see if it is a custom profile field by going in the ACP to CPU Saving->Allow Custom Fields in Topic View->Yes

That was it! I don't recall changing that setting, so I assume it was added or switched on during the upgrade. Thanks Guest!!! Here.... have a reputation point... :angry:

#34 bshep

bshep

Deputy Comptroller of Teh Frankerector

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2764 posts
  • LocationDale City, VA

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:23 PM

When in any of the forums, If I try to refresh I get the resend/retry message. Also if I go into a thread and then "back" into forum I get the webpage expired message.

I am unable to reproduce these back-browse / refresh issues...

BTW, still happening :P

#35 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25477 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:31 PM

I used to have a link that would show me all the threads I had subscribed to and put them each sub forum and in order, newest to oldest, top to bottom.Here is the old link:https://www.brews-bros.xyz/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=26This doesn't do anything now. When I tried to create a new one for the nnew skin through my user panel, then threads are somewhat scrambled and the forum arrangement is goofy.https://www.brews-bros.xyz/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=forums&area=topicsubsNot a big deal, but the old way was very useful.zymot

#36 HokieTrismegistus

HokieTrismegistus

Not HokieBrewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2800 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:42 PM

I can't start new threads unless I'm browsing the site from my phone. WTF?

#37 Greatfookin

Greatfookin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationRiver Grove , Illinois

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:29 AM

bshep714, on 07 September 2009 - 04:56 PM, said:When in any of the forums, If I try to refresh I get the resend/retry message. Also if I go into a thread and then "back" into forum I get the webpage expired message.Ret S. York, on 07 September 2009 - 06:05 PM, said:I am unable to reproduce these back-browse / refresh issues...BTW, still happening I too am experiencing this exactly as described by bshep714

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users