- - - - -

FreeState's New Production Facility Pics

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:58 AM

Freestate Brewery was the first Brewery/Pub in the State of Ks. https://freestatebrewing.com/The owner Chuck Mageral had to change Ks. law to be able to open his new pub. Years later FreeState is a well respected pub not only for its beer but food also. Well, they opened a second Brewery and are gearing up for distribution. The Distribution Brewery would of been opened a year ago, but fire broke out and delayed things. How lucky they were not to loose everything. Pretty much sucked.Now that the place is open Chuck invited LBG for a private tour which included all the brewers (all are good friends) food, lots of beer, and a powerpoint presentation of their trip to Belgium Breweries. We also had a invitation to go to Belgium with them next Mar. which will include a collaboration Brew with one of the Breweries. Not many American Breweries can say that huh! Anyways, here are a few pics...Left to Right...Kettle, MT, HLT, and Yeast Brink in the forefront.Posted ImageHeadBrewer Steve Bradt showing off his new Kettle. Some of you may know Steve, he is on alot of big time committees.Posted ImageInside of Kettle. This Kettle uses an external heat source and a hat. CIP ball shown as well.Posted ImageRake inside the MT.Posted ImageMore yet.......

Edited by Blktre, 03 September 2009 - 10:15 AM.

#2 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:07 AM

Here is that Kettle heat source i was talking about.Posted ImageOverhead Grist bin. You can see the Brewhouse just thru the opening.Posted ImageThere is a huge Silo outside and grain comes into the bldg and into the room where the mill is in background. There is also a place to handle 1000# totes and this is also where specialties are milled and sent to the overhead grist bin. Then off to the MT. The entire thing is moved by chain.Posted ImageMore yet......

#3 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:15 AM

A few pics of the FV'sPosted ImagePosted ImageChilling Plate and Distribution.Posted ImageKeg Washer.Posted ImageOne of the beers that was offered to us on cask.Posted ImageThere was so much more and alot more to show. But i think you guys get the picture. Its just really cool that a local Brewpub has the means to distribute. The plan is to distribute some of their flagships from this brewery, then use the 15bll brewery at the pub to play with specialties and seasonals. Which by this list you can see how many beers Freestate offers.....https://freestatebre...om/beer/archiveEnjoy......

#4 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:26 AM

Cool, glad they're back up since the fire. When was the tour?

#5 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:38 AM

Cool, glad they're back up since the fire. When was the tour?

Last night......you should check the LBG members forum more often....LoL

#6 stangbat

stangbat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationKC Metro, KS side

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:19 PM

Awesome. Thanks for the pics.

#7 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:36 PM

Nice pics. What's the capacity of that brewery?

#8 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:16 PM

Last night......you should check the LBG members forum more often....LoL

Crap, you're right.... Wouldn't have made it anyway. I had to be at the office at 6:30 today and ready to go. That's for most Fridays too, that's why I usually don't make it to Thurs LBG mtgsedit - someone has started the holiday weekend early <_< . Yeah, tomorrow is fri but I did have to be in at the same time today. No more until next Tues :smilielol:

Edited by dj in kc, 03 September 2009 - 05:18 PM.

#9 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

Looks like a sweet brewery and set up. Sounds and looks like you guys in KN have a rocking beer set up with clubs and breweries. Thanks for sharing the pics Blktre. Rock on!!

#10 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:00 PM

Hmm... Free State.Despite the PC quarter description of MD as the "Old Line State" we really are known as the Free State.No one here knows what the heck "Old Line" is. It was made up.The "Free State" refers to the Whiskey Rebellion, the first rebellion against the New federal Gubmint form of taxation.Not exactly what the gubmint wants on their currency.Great photos BTW. I never could get the exposure right in breweries.

#11 brewskee

brewskee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:38 AM

Right down the street from my place!

#12 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:14 AM

Cool! What size is the new brewhouse and cellar tanks?I was hanging with Steve a bit just the other day. He came over to the Schlafly Bottleworks to look at buying one of our old filters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users