Photo
- - - - -

Do you all tell other brewers about our beer forum?

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#61 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54114 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:24 PM

Maybe a good approach is for more people to post brain dumps on various topics, instead of waiting for someone to ask. If you're doing or come up with something interesting, create a thread about it, include pictures.

This is a good idea. I would encourage anyone to start threads but make sure they've got some amount of good content. I'm sure Guest doesn't want new beer threads titles, "HEY, I SHARTED!". :D More content, more ideas, more brainstorming. I'm willing to start threads on all kinds of content and I have no problem adding pics either.EDIT: People come into the beer forum all the time and the traffic can be pretty good at times. But if there are no new threads, there's nothing to reply to.

Edited by KenLenard, 15 October 2014 - 04:25 PM.

#62 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10650 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:27 PM

I'm sure Guest doesn't want new beer threads titles, "HEY, I SHARTED!". :D

Agreed; that's what the PH is for.

#63 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to pics.  have to take a picture with the digital camera, then upload it to the computer, then upload that to a picasa album (I'm getting exhausted just typing this) and then finally I can post it.

#64 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16657 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:59 PM

I try to post almost every recipe I make wether it is mine own or not. I like to state what it is I am going for in the beer. It's nice to get some feedback and discussion ahead of time. As well I like to go back and post whatever became of the beer in the end and occasionally a pic. Would like to hear more about what thoughts, processes, and ingredients go into other people recipes and why and also how they came out in the end.

#65 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:03 PM

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to pics. have to take a picture with the digital camera, then upload it to the computer, then upload that to a picasa album (I'm getting exhausted just typing this) and then finally I can post it.

I just recently got the Photobucket app for my phone and that has made a big difference in the ease of posting pics. Can do everything from my phone now.

#66 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16528 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:38 PM

I love you guys. <3

#67 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:00 PM

I hope I have a lot of pics to share soon. Hopefully It will be interesting. I'll post pics of my no sparge set up soon.

#68 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54114 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:45 PM

I hope I have a lot of pics to share soon. Hopefully It will be interesting. I'll post pics of my no sparge set up soon.

... and probably pics of you humping your no-sparge setup. :P

#69 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:25 AM

sometime it would probably be educational for me to document my current process (pictures and text)  in case there are any ideas that might help others.  or maybe someone could tell me an easier way to do something.

#70 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54114 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:13 AM

sometime it would probably be educational for me to document my current process (pictures and text)  in case there are any ideas that might help others.  or maybe someone could tell me an easier way to do something.

You know how occasionally you see someone post a 10-minute long (edited) video of their process on YouTube or something? I have often thought that it would be cool to take some vid of the various parts of the process and then edit it into one slick video and post it. Educational yes. Informative, yes. Someone could point out something unusual, yes. But... I would need a videographer and I pretty much brew in a solitary environment. I could get my youngest son to help me I suppose. Then Morty could start a new thread... POST A VIDEO OF YOUR PROCESS!

#71 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:54 AM

You know how occasionally you see someone post a 10-minute long (edited) video of their process on YouTube or something? I have often thought that it would be cool to take some vid of the various parts of the process and then edit it into one slick video and post it. Educational yes. Informative, yes. Someone could point out something unusual, yes. But... I would need a videographer and I pretty much brew in a solitary environment. I could get my youngest son to help me I suppose. Then Morty could start a new thread... POST A VIDEO OF YOUR PROCESS!

Actually not a bad idea to post videos of individual processes.  

Hmmm....

#72 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10650 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:01 AM

Actually not a bad idea to post videos of individual processes.  

Hmmm....

Hell, I'd be happy with a slideshow.  :D

#73 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:03 AM

Hell, I'd be happy with a slideshow.  :D

that would be a lot more doable for me.  no one to take vids and I don't have any editing software.

#74 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:25 AM

Maybe a good approach is for more people to post brain dumps on various topics, instead of waiting for someone to ask. If you're doing or come up with something interesting, create a thread about it, include pictures.

That's what I try to do.  Good idea!

#75 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49863 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:09 PM

I'm with Guest on this one. I tell other homebrewers about this forum.

Don't turn this place into a bunch of elitist douchenozzles.

Agreed

#76 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49863 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:19 PM

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to pics.  have to take a picture with the digital camera, then upload it to the computer, then upload that to a picasa album (I'm getting exhausted just typing this) and then finally I can post it.

This.  I wish I could just post pics from my phone without having to mess with some other hosting site.  I really have a hard time figuring those sites/apps out.  I have tried a bunch of times to no success.  I would post a lot more pics of cool brewing stuff if I could just do that.  

I just recently got the Photobucket app for my phone and that has made a big difference in the ease of posting pics. Can do everything from my phone now.

I got that.  Still can't figure it out  :1zhelp:

#77 StankDelicious

StankDelicious

Comptroller of BigBossMan

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14017 posts
  • LocationMarylandistan

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:11 PM

This.  I wish I could just post pics from my phone without having to mess with some other hosting site.  I really have a hard time figuring those sites/apps out.  I have tried a bunch of times to no success.  I would post a lot more pics of cool brewing stuff if I could just do that.  

I got that.  Still can't figure it out  :1zhelp:

You do know that as a Mod, you have an unlimited attachments allowance, right? Just attach the picture to the post.

#78 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49863 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:22 AM

Yeah but I have to host it somewhere right?  I can't just post from my phone to the board, no?  It is the hosting sites that make me feel like I ride the short bus :blush:

#79 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54114 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:47 AM

Yeah but I have to host it somewhere right?  I can't just post from my phone to the board, no?  It is the hosting sites that make me feel like I ride the short bus :blush:

Go HERE. I have not done this from my phone so I don't know how it will behave. But you just BROWSE for the picture, click UPLOAD and then get the URL of the picture (right click, go to properties) and then place that between [ img ] and [ / img ] and you're good.

Edited by KenLenard, 17 October 2014 - 08:47 AM.

#80 StankDelicious

StankDelicious

Comptroller of BigBossMan

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14017 posts
  • LocationMarylandistan

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:31 PM

Nope. If you do it that way, the picture will upload directly from your phone and will be stored on the Brews-Bros server. Which is why regular members have a very limited attachment allotment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users