#1 chauvan

chauvan

Comptroller of Jewish Scuba Divers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:04 PM

Normally on forums of any flavor, if I hit the back button, it'll show unread even if I just read it. But normally, if I hit the forum header, it'll show the thread as being read. I'm finding here, unless I actually hit the button to mark the forum as read, it keeps leaving the indicator as unread. Using FireFox if that matters.Thoughts?

#2 cj in j

cj in j

Advanced Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationMishima, Japan

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:32 PM

BrewBoard has always done that, if you're talking about what I'm imagining. It won't give you a "read" until you either look at every unread thread or until you mark it as read -- click on the symbol in front of the forum name, and that clears all the unread threads.

#3 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:44 PM

F5

#4 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:09 PM

Actually, this is indeed happening. It's not simply clicking "back" and seeing that the thread is not marked read. Old threads are being marked as unread when they are. For example, the pinned Grain Bill thread says (in the Beer forum) that the latest post was made at 8pm by baddog. But baddog's post was made at 6:27pm. I am noticing this happen on several threads. Just happened to one in the WM&C forum too.

#5 cj in j

cj in j

Advanced Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationMishima, Japan

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:21 PM

Yep, I was just on my way over here to say the same thing. I've noticed it regularly over the past day or so.

#6 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:06 PM

It's funny when you come back and the board tells you that you haven't read your own post.

#7 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:47 PM

I'm seeing this behavior now also. In particular, George's pinned Master Brewer thread in the Beer forum has gone from read to unread a few times throughout the day. When I click on it to read the new post, it takes me to the last post in the thread, which I had already read.

#8 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48006 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:03 PM

Me too.

#9 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:51 PM

This seems to creep up every so often, anyone have an idea of what's causing it?Edit: unfortunately this thread isn't much help: https://forums.invis...7215-new-posts/Edit2: gotta be an IP Board customer in order to read their customer support forum, so I guess I can't help with the searching there.

Edited by chuck_d, 15 April 2009 - 07:57 PM.

#10 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:44 AM

I wonder what's causing this because it seems like it's been happening a lot this week.

#11 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:51 AM

I wonder what's causing this because it seems like it's been happening a lot this week.

I've noticed it for the last couple of days too.For example, in this thread, the index page says that the last post is by chuck_d at 1:18 pm. But if you click on the last post link, the timestamp on the post itself is 11-something pm last night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users