5 replies to this topic

#1 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54448 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

Got a garden full of cucumbers and not sure what you're going to do with them? You can only use so many in cucumber omelettes and cucumber-chip cookies. When I was little, my parents had a "pinochle club" with the other parents on the street. My Mom was also a part of the local "Women's Club". If either of these events was held at our house, this cucumber dip would be served. It's awesome in the summer and very easy to make.¤ One 8-ounce package of cream cheese¤ 1 tbsp. Miracle Whip¤ Onion Salt¤ Worchestershire sauce¤ 1 CucumberLet the cream cheese warm up. Toss it in the blender with the Miracle Whip, a couple shakes of Onion Salt and a couple shakes of Worchestershire sauce (just use your judgment... a few shakes of each). Grate the cucumber with a cheese grater and into a strainer. When it's all in the strainer, try to let it drain or press down on it a little to get the excess juice out. Put that into the blender with everything else. Turn on the blender and then swear a few times because the cheese is too stiff for the blender to turn. Either stir it a few times to get it to go or pour a small amount of milk in there just to get it to move. Blend it up, pour it into a bowl you can cover (scoop out all of it that stuck to the blender) and throw it into the fridge. Get some good chips (Cape Code Waffle Cut, etc) and giddy up. I'm eating it right now and will probably have to make more tomorrow. ;) Cheers Beerheads.

#2 Darterboy

Darterboy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts
  • LocationVestavia Hills, Alabama

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:39 PM

My mother in law makes something very similar but with grated onion and its juice instead of onion salt. Addictive.

#3 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54448 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:17 AM

My mother in law makes something very similar but with grated onion and its juice instead of onion salt. Addictive.

Very. I remember when my niece was 3 or 4 years old and my mom made this dip when everyone was over for Christmas. My niece had one giant Ruffle in each hand and kept dipping into the dip and licking it off the Ruffles and kept dipping the same chips over and over and licking off the cucumber dip. We might actually have a picture of that. I made two batches of it in about a week and I might have to giddy up again. Cheers.

#4 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49872 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:28 AM

I am going to have to remember this one.  My wife loves cucumbers 

#5 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:30 AM

sounds like american tzatziki.

#6 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54448 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:37 PM

sounds like american tzatziki.

It's not far from it but it has a little more going on. If you like dips in general and you're a cucumber fan, try it out... it's delicious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users