#1 shaggaroo

shaggaroo

Comptroller of Hot Flashes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NY

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:00 PM

Wow... it smacked me right in the face with all I can describe the taste as is a loaf of bread... in a good way... can't wait to taste it carbed... 67% vienna and 33% light munich... hopped to about 27 IBUs with tradition, spalt and perle. 1.054 -> 1.014. White Labs 830.

Edited by shaggaroo, 29 August 2009 - 05:01 PM.

#2 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54135 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:09 PM

Yum. That sounds like my kind of beer. I love Vienna, Munich, Tradition, Spalt and 830! I just carbed up my Oktoberfest Lager and it's sitting at 34° until mid-to-late September when we'll all celebrate the wedding of Princess Therese and Prince Ludwig! :sarcasm: Cheers!

#3 shaggaroo

shaggaroo

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:18 PM

OK cool... sounds like I'm on the right track then. I kegged mine tonight and am dropping the temp as we speak. And I too will be celebrating the wedding of Princess Therese and Prince Ludwig but I'll be doing it in Munich. My wife and I both turn 50 this year and thought that's how we'd celebrate our birthdays.

#4 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:06 AM

OK cool... sounds like I'm on the right track then. I kegged mine tonight and am dropping the temp as we speak. And I too will be celebrating the wedding of Princess Therese and Prince Ludwig but I'll be doing it in Munich. My wife and I both turn 50 this year and thought that's how we'd celebrate our birthdays.

Thats awesome. I hope you have a great trip. Happy B day as well. I went to the Ofest site in Munich when I was in Germany awhile back. I have a lot of relatives there. Its a great place and I am sure the festival will be phenominal. I have a coworker I was talking to last weekend that went to Ofest he said it was awesome, thousands and thousands of people, beer steins and beer. Enjoy and let us know how you like it. Oh yes, nice work on the Ofest too, sounds like a great recipe and beer. I got mine lagering and will be carbing in a few weeks as well. Prost!!

#5 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54135 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:38 AM

My buddy and his wife have gone a few times (she has family there) and he tells me that it's wild. For a primer, you can watch the Three Sheets episode on Hulu. Looks like an awesome time. Cheers!

#6 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:44 AM

Yum. That sounds like my kind of beer. I love Vienna, Munich, Tradition, Spalt and 830! I just carbed up my Oktoberfest Lager and it's sitting at 34° until mid-to-late September when we'll all celebrate the wedding of Princess Therese and Prince Ludwig! :sarcasm: Cheers!

Oktoberfest at my house on the 19th!

#7 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54135 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:57 AM

Oktoberfest at my house on the 19th!

Give me your address so I can Mapquest it. :sarcasm: Hey, I also have a recipe on my site for Bavarian beer pretzels so if you plan on having an Oktober celebration at your haus, you can have your Oktoberfest Lager, you can fire up some good sausage and have some authentic pretzels too!

#8 BFB

BFB

Wind Whisperer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10827 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:04 AM

By the time I brew an O-fest...we'll be using it as a Decemberfest :sarcasm:

#9 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54135 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:19 AM

By the time I brew an O-fest...we'll be using it as a Decemberfest :sarcasm:

I know. I just got mine in under the wire but it will only truly "lager" for about 3-4 weeks. Last year I made it in March and let it lager for 6 months! That reminds me, I need to get my Spiced Pumpkin Ale up & running.

#10 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:29 AM

Give me your address so I can Mapquest it. :sarcasm: Hey, I also have a recipe on my site for Bavarian beer pretzels so if you plan on having an Oktober celebration at your haus, you can have your Oktoberfest Lager, you can fire up some good sausage and have some authentic pretzels too!

I'll have to give those pretzels a shot if I have time. I hadn't considered sausage for this but that would make a nice snack for the guests. You going to come all the way to NH? :D

#11 shaggaroo

shaggaroo

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:05 AM

You going to come all the way to NH? :sarcasm:

I don't know, my daughters live in NH, I could make a special trip :DAnd I'll be sure to report back on the madness that is OFest... I imagine I'll take lots of pix.

#12 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54135 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:11 AM

I'll have to give those pretzels a shot if I have time. I hadn't considered sausage for this but that would make a nice snack for the guests. You going to come all the way to NH? :sarcasm:

For Zym's Oktobeerfest? Absolutely! Wait, I have to ask my Mom. :D Watching that episode that I posted, it appears that the fest is big on beer (duh!), pretzels, sausages and roasted/rotisserie chicken. They make so many good kinds of sausages these days and the selection will make you dizzy... chicken sausage with spinach and garlic, turkey sausage with asiago & onion, sausage stuffed with portobello, chicken sausage with apple and the list goes on. You have your Oktober Lager ready to tap, bake up the pretzels, fire up the sausages and then cut them up so people can eat them with a toothpick and dip them into the 3 or 4 different mustards that you pick up. It's good, YAH? :smilielol:

#13 shaggaroo

shaggaroo

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:33 AM

My buddy and his wife have gone a few times (she has family there) and he tells me that it's wild. For a primer, you can watch the Three Sheets episode on Hulu. Looks like an awesome time. Cheers!

My wife and I just watched the episode you posted... it does look awesome.

#14 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54135 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:39 AM

My wife and I just watched the episode you posted... it does look awesome.

Shag: Please make sure to get a video of you (or your wife) on that moving conveyor... after 4 liters of beer. Then post it on the board. We will all want to live vicariously through you so take some pics and make a "My Trip To The Wiesn" thread when you get back! Have a great time & cheers!

#15 shaggaroo

shaggaroo

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:52 PM

Shag: Please make sure to get a video of you (or your wife) on that moving conveyor... after 4 liters of beer. Then post it on the board. We will all want to live vicariously through you so take some pics and make a "My Trip To The Wiesn" thread when you get back! Have a great time & cheers!

Ken, after watching the Three Sheets episode, my wife said "no way am I getting on that thing!" so when I gave her your suggestion, she suggested that we get my MIL to do it, as she will be joining us (her joining us was not my idea btw, but I'm a nice SIL I guess, or completely insane :P ).

Edited by shaggaroo, 30 August 2009 - 01:56 PM.

#16 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:33 PM

After watching the video i had a couple of questions answered , And it was good to watch beer drinking. " If your not drinking beer while watching this , what is wrong with you?" kind of funny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users