Here is the announcement for an annual campout for the our area clubs:
The 27th Mid-Atlantic States Homebrewers CampOut (MASHOUT) is now
scheduled for Thur-Sun, Aug 14-17, 2014 near Old Town, MD and Paw Paw, WV.
Registration is open at the MASHOUT Website:
Some special events planned for this year are:
* The Black Falls Band for a Friday evening of rockinâ€™ from the only
band known to also serve their own homebrew.
* 6th annual Sour Hour! This is a BYOS (bring your own sour) event where
participants bring a bottle of sour, wild, and/or funky beer to share
with other wild ale fanatics. Please bring either commercial or
intentionally homebrewed lambic, flemish red, brett, pedio, or lacto
forward beer. Look for an event review on https://www.drinkbelgianbeer.com.
* Homebrew Evaluation Team â€“ In place of a BJCP style competition this
year, we will offer homebrewers the opportunity to register their keg
for homebrew evaluation. You will be given a tag for your keg/tap. A
team of experienced beer judges will fan out into camp and evaluate the
beers. At the annual feast, we will have a â€œState of the Brewsâ€ address
identifying any interesting tastes and trends Then we will award win,
place or show.
*On-site small beer brew â€“ It is possible to have a small beer made
on-site that can be enjoyed on Saturday. Depending upon growing
conditions, we may be able to have a wet hop brew so we can truly
experience the terroir of our new camping location.
* The 1st annual Hop Yard Pub Quiz - Open to all interested teams.
Details on this fun event will be forthcoming.
* Annual beer and food pairing event on Friday (following the
traditional Firkin Friday tapping)
* The traditional BBQ dinner on Sat night (with everyone contributing
sides, salads, and desserts).
* The equally traditional pancake breakfast on Sun morning.
We also are hoping to have a canoe or float trip down the portion of the
Potomac River that fronts the property.
We expect to have lots of excellent beer, both from all of you who
attend and from our always very generous commercial sponsors.
We have increased fees to this year to cover
rental of the property and other costs. Here is the fee schedule for 2014:
* Adult individual - $50
* Adult couple - $90
* Child aged 2-12 (accompanied by a registered adult) - $25
* Child aged 2 and under - Free
Individuals aged 13-20 may attend as adults but must be accompanied by a
registered adult aged 21 or over.
There is no limit on the number of registered attendees this year as the
new property has sufficient room for all.
Be sure to visit
The site has some pictures and lots of FAQ answers. Hope you find it
designed to be more of a hub than in the past. If you register you can add to the site.
This gives a head start in creating our temporary community.