#1 BeersBeers24/7

BeersBeers24/7

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7310 posts
  • LocationAshevegas!

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:39 AM

Didn't realize my previous post of Asheville Oktoberfest was the same day, but it is. When I lived in Charlotte, I used to go every year. I remember when it was uber-small, and one time they had it in the parking lot across from where I lived on Park RD. (where the German Restaurant and Ru Sans is or was) under the tents. That was even better because I could walk one block away. Then it got huge! Always a blast. But since I have now have one closer (and a baby), I guess I have to do the other one. Anyways, here is the link.Charlotte Oktoberfest

#2 aquahijo

aquahijo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, NC

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:11 PM

Didn't realize my previous post of Asheville Oktoberfest was the same day, but it is. When I lived in Charlotte, I used to go every year. I remember when it was uber-small, and one time they had it in the parking lot across from where I lived on Park RD. (where the German Restaurant and Ru Sans is or was) under the tents. That was even better because I could walk one block away. Then it got huge! Always a blast. But since I have now have one closer (and a baby), I guess I have to do the other one. Anyways, here is the link.Charlotte Oktoberfest

Anyone going to this? The website says that Highland will be pouring Tasgall. I haven't seen this beer anywhere in the past year or so. Also, Brawley's will be pouring Bell's Hop Slam and Cold Mountain.The weather report looks a little concerning, 50% chance of rain that afternoon. I don't care I'll be standing out there in the rain with my hand over my beer!

#3 BeersBeers24/7

BeersBeers24/7

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7310 posts
  • LocationAshevegas!

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:42 AM

Anyone going to this? The website says that Highland will be pouring Tasgall. I haven't seen this beer anywhere in the past year or so. Also, Brawley's will be pouring Bell's Hop Slam and Cold Mountain.The weather report looks a little concerning, 50% chance of rain that afternoon. I don't care I'll be standing out there in the rain with my hand over my beer!

Higland poured it at Brewgrass. I think this is a special release beer as they hadn't brewed it in a while. Maybe it will be back as a regular brew, but not sure. They had a party the day before Brewgrass selling it at the brewery. Haven't seen it in the stores (but haven't checked the specialty stores yet).Maybe next year I will go down to Charlotte. Asheville is having its first Oktoberfest in a while, so I will stay here and drinky drinky! Have fun though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users