#1 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:09 AM

I built a single fan stir plate about a month ago and all works great. I am looking to turn it into a side by side dual stir plate. All in one container, one plug and wired together. Have any of you built something like this? I am looking for container ideas that would work well with a side by side double stir plate. Thanks for the suggestionsMike

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:54 AM

I built a single fan stir plate about a month ago and all works great. I am looking to turn it into a side by side dual stir plate. All in one container, one plug and wired together. Have any of you built something like this? I am looking for container ideas that would work well with a side by side double stir plate. Thanks for the suggestionsMike

Just to make sure - you want to have two vessels on this thing right?

#3 DubbelEntendre

DubbelEntendre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:13 AM

I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for, but why not go with this setup. I just upgraded to that wiring and it works great. Then you have the option to expand.

#4 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:11 PM

Just to make sure - you want to have two vessels on this thing right?

Yes. I wanna have one box or enclosure with two fans inside and allow to place two flasks to spin them side by side. My dad is modifying my single fan stir plate with controls for each fan off of one plug in with on off switches. That way I can make two starters for two yeasts for the same weekend of brewing at the same time.

I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for, but why not go with this setup. I just upgraded to that wiring and it works great. Then you have the option to expand.

I followed the David Trumball design now I just need an enclosure big enough to allow for a dual fan set up.

#5 DubbelEntendre

DubbelEntendre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:34 AM

Hope DepotCarlon 6 In. x 6 In. x 4 In., Gray, Junction BoxModel # E987RRSpecs:Assembled Depth (In Inches) : 7.24 In.Assembled Height (In Inches) : 6.32 In.Assembled Weight (In LBS) : 1.208Assembled Width (In Inches) : 6 In.Assuming 3" CPU Fans - this might be close. $11.67

#6 jhenjum

jhenjum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:00 PM

Hope DepotCarlon 6 In. x 6 In. x 4 In., Gray, Junction BoxModel # E987RRSpecs:Assembled Depth (In Inches) : 7.24 In.Assembled Height (In Inches) : 6.32 In.Assembled Weight (In LBS) : 1.208Assembled Width (In Inches) : 6 In.Assuming 3" CPU Fans - this might be close. $11.67

Is 6" x 7.24" big enough for 2 flasks?

#7 DubbelEntendre

DubbelEntendre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:07 PM

Is 6" x 7.24" big enough for 2 flasks?

I guess only 2 1000 ml flasks would fit - might have to go bigger. They have other sizes.

#8 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:45 PM

I have one 2L flask and plan to get another. The enclosure has to be 15 inches in diameter to fit both flasks.

#9 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25625 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:51 PM

Over on the board of green there was a dual stirplate design that used a single inverted tupperware container. They used a rectangular casserole pan about 11 X 8.zymot

#10 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9734 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:31 PM

Yea that tupperware guy was brilliant.....and good looking. :smilielol: ;)Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:51 PM

Over on the board of green there was a dual stirplate design that used a single inverted tupperware container. They used a rectangular casserole pan about 11 X 8.zymot

Yea that tupperware guy was brilliant.....and good looking. :smilielol: ;)Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Nice. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Appreciate the heads up Zymot. Thanks ChefLamont. I tried searching greenboard for that tupperware contraption after Zymot suggested that and could not find it. Appreciate the post. I think that idea should work pretty well too. Prost!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users