7 replies to this topic

#1 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:48 PM

Anyone have any interesting suggestions to get me started? I have 2-row, munich, pilsner, marris otter, golden promise, wheat, and a lot of other non-base grains. I only plan on using the cascades for late additions. See my signature for readily available yeasts.

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:51 PM

Anyone have any interesting suggestions to get me started? I have 2-row, munich, pilsner, marris otter, golden promise, wheat, and a lot of other non-base grains. I only plan on using the cascades for late additions. See my signature for readily available yeasts.

anyone? here is my list of non-base grains (most of these I have 1-3lbs of, I have lots of crystal 65L and roasted barley though - way too much actually): crystal 65L roasted barley Aromatic Malt Flaked Wheat Flaked Oats Honey Malt Special B Flaked Barley Caramunich Special Roast Caravienne Rye Malt De-bittered Black Carapils (dextrine malt) Coffee Malt Caramel Wheat

#3 cavman

cavman

Comptroller of BigPossMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12937 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:04 AM

Since your trying to showcase your own hops I'd keep it simple, something like:7# 2-row or Maris Otter3# Munich8 oz Crystal 65Then hop it as desired, use the 1056 to help show the hops

#4 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:14 AM

Since your trying to showcase your own hops I'd keep it simple, something like: 7# 2-row or Maris Otter 3# Munich 8 oz Crystal 65 Then hop it as desired, use the 1056 to help show the hops

My AIPA is already those 3 ingredients. Maybe I'll just make a really simple 2-row + crystal 65L pale ale and leave it at that. Maybe toss in a little honey malt as well b/c I'm not sure what else I'll use that in :smilielol:

#5 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18071 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:31 AM

I was going to say2 row some C 65 and some cara-pils.But what about just going with the MO or GP 100% and use the 1056 and just let the hops be the star of the show?BTW the honey malt is good in a 60,70 or 80 Shilling.

#6 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:46 PM

I was going to say 2 row some C 65 and some cara-pils. But what about just going with the MO or GP 100% and use the 1056 and just let the hops be the star of the show? BTW the honey malt is good in a 60,70 or 80 Shilling.

I should def put some carapils in since I have about 20lbs of it thanks to JKoravos! :smilielol:

#7 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18071 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:06 PM

I should def put some carapils in since I have about 20lbs of it thanks to JKoravos! :smilielol:

I figured the carapils was a given ..LOL

#8 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:19 PM

I do love the honey malt. I think it adds just a touch of sweetness in the flavor and aroma.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users