• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 brewskee

brewskee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:52 AM

Does anyone have a vaccuum sealer near Lawrence, KS? Thanks.

#2 siouxbrewer

siouxbrewer

Comptroller of Teh Beefs and other beeflike animals that are tas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8256 posts
  • LocationGreat Plains, KS

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:42 AM

Does anyone have a vaccuum sealer near Lawrence, KS? Thanks.

Plenty members of the LBG have them, and I don't know any one who wouldn't let a fellow member borrow or use theirs. Just one of the perks for being in the LBG.

#3 brewskee

brewskee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:14 AM

Plenty members of the LBG have them, and I don't know any one who wouldn't let a fellow member borrow or use theirs. Just one of the perks for being in the LBG.

I see. Too bad they make you pay membership fees just to be on the forum...wtf? :)

#4 siouxbrewer

siouxbrewer

Comptroller of Teh Beefs and other beeflike animals that are tas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8256 posts
  • LocationGreat Plains, KS

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:46 AM

I see. Too bad they make you pay membership fees just to be on the forum...wtf? :)

Anyone can check out the forum, some very useful topics discussed there. However, there are certain topics such as voting, officer discussion, and bulk buys purchased through the club that are for members only. FWIW I don't think $16 a year for the benefits of being a member is too much to ask, considering the monthly tastings, tours, bulk buys, group brews, brewfest and wealth of knowledge from members who have decades of brewing experience all provided to paid members. Lawrence has a great homebrewing scene and unfortunately you are missing out over what it would cost to fill a propane tank B) How much does a new vacuum sealer cost at walmart anyway?

#5 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:19 PM

Hell, I live in KC and I'm a member. Along with KCBM too. And, yeah have a foodsaver........

#6 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:41 PM

Arent you the one that i loaned out some stuff to before? You werent a member then either.

considering the monthly tastings, tours, bulk buys, group brews, brewfest and wealth of knowledge from members who have decades of brewing experience all provided to paid members

Thats just the tip of the ice berg!!

Edited by Blktre, 22 August 2009 - 05:42 PM.

#7 brewskee

brewskee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:19 AM

Arent you the one that i loaned out some stuff to before? You werent a member then either.Thats just the tip of the ice berg!!

Yea that was me...thanks for helping me out though! :shock:

#8 Kansan

Kansan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLawrence, KS

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:25 AM

I don't think you can find as healthy and helpful of a brew club in Kansas as the LBG. The resources to a single individual fantastic. Membership is inexpensive as has lots of perks and privileges. I feel privileged to be a member of the LBG and yes I too have a Food-saver.

#9 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:43 PM

Anyone can check out the forum, some very useful topics discussed there. However, there are certain topics such as voting, officer discussion, and bulk buys purchased through the club that are for members only. FWIW I don't think $16 a year for the benefits of being a member is too much to ask, considering the monthly tastings, tours, bulk buys, group brews, brewfest and wealth of knowledge from members who have decades of brewing experience all provided to paid members. Lawrence has a great homebrewing scene and unfortunately you are missing out over what it would cost to fill a propane tank :shock: How much does a new vacuum sealer cost at walmart anyway?

I wish I had a sweet club like that around here!

#10 Recklessdeck

Recklessdeck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationLawrence

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:43 PM

LBG is great I've had a lot of fun each time I've been, but it really sucks that the meetings are so far out of town. It's not driving there that bothers me only having to drive back.

#11 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:50 PM

LBG is great I've had a lot of fun each time I've been, but it really sucks that the meetings are so far out of town.

Its less than 3 miles from town :shock: .....Who am i to justify. Its 1mile from my house....Oh lucky me!!

#12 brewskee

brewskee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:51 PM

LBG is great I've had a lot of fun each time I've been, but it really sucks that the meetings are so far out of town. It's not driving there that bothers me only having to drive back.

True.

#13 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:58 PM

Well, since no one else has asked, why don't you join? Everybody I've met with the LBG has been great. I'm a better brewer because of it, spend less money while brewing more and have met some new friends.I can say basically the same for KCBM.

#14 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68759 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:52 PM

Its less than 3 miles from town :shock: .....Who am i to justify. Its 1mile from my house....Oh lucky me!!

so you can walk back when you get hammered :covreyes: :smilielol:

#15 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:18 AM

so you can walk back when you get hammered :smilielol: :covreyes:

Oh, more than you know. :cheers: The meeting place is only 3 miles outside of town. I just don't understand why people think its so far away. But then again, after drinking, home is always far away. Guess it doesn't matter. Were closing in on 125 paid members and meetings easily draw 50-60 folks monthly, seems were doing pretty good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users