#1 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:45 AM

A couple of months ago I met a guy at the local german bar, while having luunch he had mentioned he just bought a strip mall and will be gutting it, along with a local bar that was in the mall. He said I could have all the bar gear, just get it out. 2 months wenrt by and I hadnt heard from him until this morning, he said to meet him there and bring cash. The deal was supposed to be free, but when I saw what he had left, I made an offer and now own everything in the bar. Except for 2 pool tables and 2 safes, I own the rest, TVs chairs, the bar itself. Well it also has a 2 tower 5 faucet True brand keg cooler (definitely keeping for myself) and 2 slide top bottle/glass coolers, a 7 foot high (at least) bae bottle display fridge, 4 20# CO2 tanks, 2 (40#?) nitro tanks, and a few regulators. I have to finish getting everything out tomorrow, but if anyone local to me (western MA) wants anything before I craigslist most of it, PM me. I would rather see a BBer who needs something get dibs. It comes with an entire WI cooler as well, but I do not think I can get it apart and out easily. For an extra $100 I got an old bubble hockey table US vs USSR "Superchexx" but my buddy has claimed that already, it is freakin cool though! What I got out so far:Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Thirsty, 21 August 2009 - 10:47 AM.

#2 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:02 PM

You lucky bastage!!! Good score. That tower cooler would be sweet. Enjoy!Post some photos when you get it all together if you could. I might be interested, as might someone else

#3 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:31 PM

I could use a regulator and a 5# co2 tank - although it looks like you only got 20#'ers though eh? I'd pay for the shipping too of course.

#4 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:57 PM

wow! what a score!

#5 stlinch

stlinch

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:03 AM

Nice score!!

#6 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:32 AM

sweet - we need pictures of the full booty though!

#7 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:00 AM

Nice score. Enjoy the new toys.

#8 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:27 AM

sweet - we need pictures of the full booty though!

The new keg cooler, 5 faucets, far left is creamer stout faucet. I am goung to spin off the shitty faucets and hook my ventmatics up. After a nice cleaning and wipe down i will begin assembly. Posted ImagePosted ImageAnd this is the second bottle cooler, a little cleaner than the firstPosted ImageMy buddy brought the stand up beer fridge to his house already so I didnt get a pic of that, but it had 2 sliding glass front doors, and was heavy as hell.My other bud scored a coin-op foosball table- the hard oak with the beveled field edges, real nice, a full on ping pong table, and the mother of all entertainment, the bubble hockey. When we got the bubble hockey back to the house, we plugged it into the bed of my buddy's toyota, it has 110v in the bed. The Star Spangled Banner began to play, threw in 2 quarters and the puck popped right out!

Edited by Thirsty, 22 August 2009 - 06:28 AM.

#9 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9731 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:27 AM

Truly. HE SHOOTS HE SCORES!!!!!!!!If you are not already, I see you becoming the most popular guy in the neighborhood, if not in town.

#10 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:58 PM

Seriously, you are one lucky bastage. That tower coller is sweet. I likey shiney

#11 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54043 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:28 AM

Thirsty... that is one awesome score. I also LOVE that bubble hockey game. When I was little, we had a smaller one (no bubble on it) and it was Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens. My friends and I played it so much we wore out the long poles that controlled the players. I love that big one too... as soon as you hit the button, you hear... And the hoooooome... of the braaaaaave.... Is that the one that has the "BOO" button too? Sweet, sweet stuff.

#12 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:53 AM

Is that the one that has the "BOO" button too? Sweet, sweet stuff.

Why yes it does, you are allowed 3 boos per game. It now has $40 worth of quarters in it! We need to figure out how to get into that coinbox. Afriend of ours used to sell machines and he says there are codes next to the locks, so we gave hime those codes and he is working on finding us some master keys now, we'll see if that comes through. On the kegerator side, it is amazing. Nice temps, plenty of room- 1 issue. One faucet is pouring at a trickle, and the beer comes out creamed. If I hook that keg up to another line, it comes out fine. I replaced the lines, and the faucets, so the only thing original is the shank and tailpiece, anyone ever had a problem like this? I think I have my used tower being shipped from my buddy in Chicago, so I may be able to switch parts off of it, but for now I have one trickler and it is odd.

#13 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28449 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:29 PM

On the kegerator side, it is amazing. Nice temps, plenty of room- 1 issue. One faucet is pouring at a trickle, and the beer comes out creamed. If I hook that keg up to another line, it comes out fine. I replaced the lines, and the faucets, so the only thing original is the shank and tailpiece, anyone ever had a problem like this? I think I have my used tower being shipped from my buddy in Chicago, so I may be able to switch parts off of it, but for now I have one trickler and it is odd.

Did you try a pipe brush on the shank to make sure there isn't gunk in it?

#14 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:14 PM

Did you try a pipe brush on the shank to make sure there isn't gunk in it?

Yup. Took the faucet off, and ran a dip tube brush as far in as I could. When I first got it, I broke the tower down, cut all the old bevlines off, soaked the shanks, tailpieces and hardware in PBW, then rinsed and reassembled. This is what the old lines looked like:Posted ImageThis is the complete setup pouring (trickling) my brown, takes a while to fill, but gives it a creamered head, nice tight bubbles:Posted Imagewhoops wrong pic

Edited by Thirsty, 31 August 2009 - 05:16 PM.

#15 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:24 PM

Damn man, that is so sweet. I'm green, very, very green.

#16 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:38 PM

Damn man, that is so sweet. I'm green, very, very green.

Thanks!I am still giddy every time I trot out into the garage for a filler up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users