#1 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:30 AM

Most of the ambers I have made in the past lean more towards the Fat Tire style which would lean towards the maltier toastier side of things...this one I am looking to lean more towards the hoppy side of things but still be balanced...this is what I came up with...7.75 lbs English Pale.75 lbs Munich.5 lbs Victory.5 lbs Crisp Medium Crystal (45-55L).25 lbs Simpsons Extra Dark Crystal (140-150L)Mash at 152.5 oz Magnum 14% AA 60 min1 oz Cascade 7.5% AA 15 min1 oz Willamette 4.5% AA 15 min1 oz Cascade flameout1 oz Willamette flameoutWyeast 1332 Northwest AleSG: 1.054 IBU: 49.1Probably dry hop with some cascade What ya think?

#2 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:40 PM

I like your recipe. I have brewed 3 Amber beers all towards the hoppy side and I think you choice of malts is good. I have used 2 Row Munich, Victory, Crystal 60L and had great results. I think your grains looks good and I like your hopping schedule. The late hops will really stand out and thats great in a beer like this as well. I brewed an Amber that I just put on tap and it has 4oz of Pale Chocolate malt so I think your dark crystal will add a nice flavor to your beer as well. With the volume of late hops they will stand out as well.

#3 Slainte

Slainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:38 PM

Good choice on the European crystal malts. They are definitely superior to their domestic counterparts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users