#1 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:26 AM

So I gave a couple bottles of my brew to my home brew mentor, Joe, to to try and give me some honest feedback. He tried my #2 and my #3 beers. The number two was supposed to be a SNPA clone, but was a bit off since I messed up the grain bill a bit, but he liked it, it was "good" beer. He tried #3, Ken Lendards MLPA and he was astounded. He had tried this one as my first batch and it had a bunch of problems, but this one he couldn't detect any off flavors, it was clean and crisp. He said it was a truly wonderful very drinkable beer. He really enjoyed it. He also said that if I had sent that one to some judges there would be almost no way that they could tell it was done with extract. It was the best extract recipe beer he had ever tasted. ;) Thanks to Ken for the recipe! :rolf: I'm pretty stoked about this because he has made some awesome award winning beers. I am also happy because he is getting back into brewing. He decided to make a mead this weekend which will be his first brew in 1.5 years. He picked some fruit off of his father in laws cactus and bought 24 pounds of honey. I am starting to run low on homebrew so its time to brew again!Cheers,Rich

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:10 AM

Nice work. Perhaps it's time to consider AG if you have the time to commit ;)edit: I say this just b/c I think it's more fun and you seem to have the general process down enough to possibly do this

#3 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:13 AM

Nice work. Perhaps it's time to consider AG if you have the time to commit ;)edit: I say this just b/c I think it's more fun and you seem to have the general process down enough to possibly do this

+1 You need to start getting your AG equipment gathered up. In the meantime, crank out a couple more so you have some "stores" of beer.

#4 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:15 AM

In the meantime, crank out a couple more so you have some "stores" of beer.

this as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users