#1 nbbeerguy

nbbeerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationFredericton NB Canada

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:23 PM

110 Lbs Canadian 2 Row110 Lbs Canadian Wheat110 Lbs Maris Otter20 Lbs Caramunich IIAll idea's accepted

#2 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:39 PM

I suggest with your Canadian 2 Row American Pale AlesAmerican IPA'sAmerican Amber AleCanadian WheatBavarian HefeAmerican HefeMarris OtterEnglish BitterEnglish IPAEnglish ESBThese are some styles that I think each base malt is acceptable for use with. I was not sure if you were looking for recipes or just some style ideas. Hope that helps, happy brewing!!!

#3 nbbeerguy

nbbeerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:50 PM

My only issue is I have to wait at least 3 weeks to 1 month to get a grain Mill wasn't expecting my gains to be in this earlyit there anything else I could use to mill the grains until my actual mill gets here

#4 wengared

wengared

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:57 PM

My only issue is I have to wait at least 3 weeks to 1 month to get a grain Mill wasn't expecting my gains to be in this earlyit there anything else I could use to mill the grains until my actual mill gets here

i used a coffee gringer before set on it's max opening, and have heard of people crushing them with a rolling pin, maybe call your lhbs and see what they'd charge to custom grind some of it.(make up a story or something how you inherited it) :)

#5 nbbeerguy

nbbeerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

The only issue is there are no LHBS that carry any grains or anything like that in my city :) I had to order my grains from the local Micro brewery picaroons.ca great bunch of guys

#6 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:41 PM

The only issue is there are no LHBS that carry any grains or anything like that in my city :) I had to order my grains from the local Micro brewery picaroons.ca great bunch of guys

Even better... you explain that you took delivery of specialty grains and would they (for a reasonable fee) allow you to crush your grains. Perhaps you would be willing to purchase some yeast and hops from them as well. It's not like you are going to grind 300 pounds. You are going to do approx 10 to 12 pounds this one time, right? By then, your mill will be in and you can do it in the comfort of your own home.

#7 nbbeerguy

nbbeerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:45 PM

Thats what I was thinking they said they would sell me Hops before so I may pick up a couple pounds of a few different types that is probably my best option I think

#8 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

Maybe the micro would crush for you a time or two if they know you have a mill on the way.Oh, and an over the top on gravity and IBU's American Wheat. It can be a nice beer if you don't let the BJCP guidelines stop you.

#9 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68761 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

Maybe the micro would crush for you a time or two if they know you have a mill on the way.Oh, and an over the top on gravity and IBU's American Wheat. It can be a nice beer if you don't let the BJCP guidelines stop you.

I agree with this statement in entirety, especially the +p version of American Wheat.

#10 EWW

EWW

Regular, normal human being

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26195 posts
  • LocationSomewhere special

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:33 PM

I once repeatedly ran over the grains with my honda to crush them ... triple bagged them in small batches...took foreverit worked, but I cannot say I would recommend it

#11 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64148 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:43 PM

YOU MUST OBEY THE GUIDELINES!!!!

#12 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:39 PM

I once repeatedly ran over the grains with my honda to crush them ... triple bagged them in small batches...took foreverit worked, but I cannot say I would recommend it

<_< thats awesome!Ive done the rolling pin method, but it was just for 2 lbs of grains. The rest was already milled.

#13 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68761 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:11 PM

<_<

#14 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:21 AM

Posted Image

#15 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:32 AM

DON'T EVEN TRY GOING CLOSE TO THE SRM/IBU/OG/FG LIMITS!!!My vote - make beer. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users