#1 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64145 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:02 AM

I've taken cursory glances at used equipment sites, but the thing that I wonder about with those things is installation and process control. Sure I could buy a couple of big 'ol vessels, but who hooks them up? Is there a provider of the peripherals? Valves, pumps, monitoring and control hardware?Alternatively, are there suppliers of turn-key systems for small breweries. I'm assuming there has to be, but I don't know. That's why I'm asking YOU. :smilielol:

#2 DubbelEntendre

DubbelEntendre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:36 AM

I've taken cursory glances at used equipment sites, but the thing that I wonder about with those things is installation and process control. Sure I could buy a couple of big 'ol vessels, but who hooks them up? Is there a provider of the peripherals? Valves, pumps, monitoring and control hardware?Alternatively, are there suppliers of turn-key systems for small breweries. I'm assuming there has to be, but I don't know. That's why I'm asking YOU. :smilielol:

15 BBL Turn-Key Systems: https://www.probrewe...amp;prodscat=62I swear I don't look at these on a weekly basis.

#3 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29327 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:15 PM

my understanding is that if you go thru one of the popular used listing sites they have consultants that can help with setup (for a price). When one of my friends opened a brewery he did a lot of the work himself but he paid another brewer to share his ideas, I think that brewer also helped out with the first few batches. I think he paid a HVAC guy to hook up the glycol. The HVAC guy also does beerline, tap setup, walk incooler design for resturants. He ended up hooking the gycol up backwards

#4 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:20 PM

He ended up hooking the gycol up backwards

Did it heat the beer instead?

#5 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:28 PM

2009-2010 North American Brewers Resource Directory

#6 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64145 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:32 PM

aha...

#7 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29327 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:00 PM

Did it heat the beer instead?

no it filled the fermenter from the top to the bottom so it just ran thru giving very little chilling. It should have gone from the bottom to the top.

#8 weave

weave

Just Silly and Overboard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8111 posts
  • LocationWestern NY

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:08 PM

This is an AWESOME resource. Well worth the price. I used this catalog heavily when I was researching for my business plan.If you know a pro brewer maybe you can ask to borrow theirs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users