#1 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:34 AM

Well last night our brew club got together and we somewhat officially started a club yeast library. One of the members of our club has a bunch, but he is moving. So we decided to start from his collection. It was a bunch of fun doing the plates and slants and all of it. Hopefully, we will be able to maintain it well and keep the library growing (pun intended).Thinking on this brought up a couple questions. First, I was thinking about culturing a few samples from bottles, and I remembered the web site that I looked at years ago that had info on which bottle-conditioned beer has the original strain of yeast in it (Visit My Website). Even though this site has some decent info, it hasnt been updated in over a decade. I was wondering if there was any more current list or info than this.The other is, while we have a good little collection started here, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a yeast swap here to trade some of the harder to get strains. I am thinking slant for slant kind of swap or something like that.

#2 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:34 PM

Nope, that's the best one I have been able to find. Since you guys are getting into yeast culturing, here's my non-pinned FAQ with a ton of links for you...https://www.brews-br...?showtopic=1984

#3 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:34 PM

Nope, that's the best one I have been able to find. Since you guys are getting into yeast culturing, here's my non-pinned FAQ with a ton of links for you...https://www.brews-br...?showtopic=1984

Nice collection. Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users