#2 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:37 PM

Definitely does not sound appealing to me just cause its AB. I have and know a surprising amount of people that scoff and scowl at wheat beer. Why I dont know I really like it especially Bavarian Wheat types. Just from reading that article not really sure how exciting that sounds to me. I surely won't try a bottle. Look out Big Red is going to fire up the mass marketing machine lets see what America does. Heres to homebrew and craftbrew. I am a Homebrewer!! :smilielol:

#3 brewskee

brewskee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:51 PM

*sigh* another beer style bastardized by a mega brewery... :smilielol:

#4 Slainte

Slainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:22 AM

I'm curious to see what it tastes like.I'll try any beer at least once.

#5 DirtyRugger

DirtyRugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTrenton, IL

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:11 AM

You HAVE to read the comments, they're hysterical. :smilielol: A few of my favoritesWheat appeals to the autumn crowd and it will likely disappear later this year, just like Bud Light will during the middle fall.Wheat beer is gross but I would try this just to see…— ShaniquaGross.— Brian WhiteAnd my personal favorite...I’ll give it a try. I just don’t drink wheat beer on a regular basis…For my tastes, AB hit a home run with Shock Top and to a lesser degree American Ale.As a cost conscious drinker however, I just wish they would lower the price. I pay 4.00 dollars a beer on occasion!! Not as an everyday beer to drink as that is obviously too expensive.— drinker

#6 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:25 AM

For my tastes, AB hit a home run with Shock Top and to a lesser degree American Ale.

:smilielol: I've never tried Shock Top but American Ale is one of the worst beers I've ever had. Home Run? More like a foul ball....emphasis on foul.

#7 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:33 AM

:smilielol: I've never tried Shock Top but American Ale is one of the worst beers I've ever had. Home Run? More like a foul ball....emphasis on foul.

top 5 worst beers - GO!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users