#1 EWW

EWW

Regular, normal human being

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26199 posts
  • LocationSomewhere special

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:30 PM

Your mead calculator doesn't seem to be working for me in open office - all of the cells that I need to enter data into come up as locked (rendering it useless). Do you know of another (albeit less perfect) calculator that I can use that may work for me? You showed me the error of my ways in using a lesser calculator in my cyser thread already ... just hoping you might be able to help. The math of figuring a recipe is messing with my head.

#2 Hightest

Hightest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBridgeton, NJ

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:39 AM

In fact, I have locked certain cells that contain formulae to prevent "tinkering" and consequently erroneous results.What cells do you think you need access to that are locked? Perhaps I missed unlocking a necessary data entry cell... :(

Edited by Hightest, 04 August 2009 - 10:40 AM.

#3 EWW

EWW

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26199 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:04 PM

In fact, I have locked certain cells that contain formulae to prevent "tinkering" and consequently erroneous results.What cells do you think you need access to that are locked? Perhaps I missed unlocking a necessary data entry cell... :(

I didn't realize you locked the cells on purpose (I should have read the small print). I was attempting to adjust the cider for the actual SG/Brix that I have - this is when I threw my hands up and posted the question.I just took a closer look at it, and it seems that I am limited to one fruit/juice calculation. I was also attempting to use the formulas used in the spreadsheet to create new cells for different fruits with different Brix/SG. Basically I'm looking to calculate the actual amount of sugars that I putting in this and it is not allowing me to.

#4 Hightest

Hightest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBridgeton, NJ

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:30 AM

Well, I revised the spreadsheet to include the capability for two types of juices (SG & volume data entry) and unlocked the Cider SG cell so that the actual SG (if known) may be used.However, Comcast has done something that prevents (interferes with) my accessing my webpage via FTP and thus I can not upload the revised spread sheet. From the comments on the Comcast support forum, I am not alone with this problem - many are unhappy...I would have attached a copy of the new file to this reply, but the board admins have the forum settings such that uploading an XLS file is not allowed (this is something I asked for earlier...). :(

Edited by Hightest, 05 August 2009 - 04:34 AM.

#5 Hightest

Hightest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBridgeton, NJ

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:46 AM

FYI---- I was finally able to update my website with the revised meead calculator sreadsheet... :)

#6 Wayne B

Wayne B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:01 AM

Hightest - I look forward to the time when your latest rev is available for download from your website! You know how much I enjoy using your spreadsheet -- much handier and more comprehensive than anything I have put together myself -- but I think with this rev you will have fixed my single pet peeve. Although it really wasn't enough of a bother in earlier versions for me to bring it up. But it will be handy to "dial in" an exact cider SG from time to time! THANKS!Update - I got it, and I LIKE it!! Gracias again, amigo! :)

Edited by Wayne B, 05 August 2009 - 09:04 AM.

#7 Hightest

Hightest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBridgeton, NJ

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:44 AM

dziękuję...I'm not sure why I didn't think to leave that cell open for entering the actual cider SG, but it's open now. :)

#8 EWW

EWW

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26199 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:28 PM

dziękuję...I'm not sure why I didn't think to leave that cell open for entering the actual cider SG, but it's open now. :)

Thanks for making the changes - I'm sure it was not a big deal for you, but the rest of us really appreciate it. :cheers:

#9 Hightest

Hightest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBridgeton, NJ

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:28 PM

No problem - glad it helps... :D)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users