#1 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21374 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:16 PM

My local HD has Keggerators on sale marked down from 499 to 279. These are single tap tower and SS looking exterior. Has the bar rail and drip tray as well.Check them out if you are in the market. You can also ask to speak with the manager on duty and see if you can get some extra $$$ off. I've had some luck with that in the past.

#2 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 06:14 PM

My local HD has Keggerators on sale marked down from 499 to 279. These are single tap tower and SS looking exterior. Has the bar rail and drip tray as well.Check them out if you are in the market. You can also ask to speak with the manager on duty and see if you can get some extra $$$ off. I've had some luck with that in the past.

Can't build one for that price! I figure I have about that amount invested into mine, which used the Oster 5.0 fridge. Do you have a link?

#3 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21374 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:50 AM

Sorry no. They are on closeout.If I didn't already have my setup, I'd be on that like white on rice.

#4 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54151 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:51 AM

I agree that's good. I think my Danby was $126 at Sam's clubs and my double tower was $125 or so. Of course, I had to cut a hole into the fridge (tentatively...), I had to sweat and swear and all of that. I don't need one, but if I did... I'd be driving from one HD to another in search of one. Cheers!

#5 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:16 AM

On the topic of kegerators, my dual-tap is being tomorrow. Per the Beverage Factory website where I bought it, it's drilled on top for a single tap tower and I will have to re-drill the top for my dual-tap tower. Ken, is this similar to what you had to do?

#6 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:36 AM

On the topic of kegerators, my dual-tap is being tomorrow. Per the Beverage Factory website where I bought it, it's drilled on top for a single tap tower and I will have to re-drill the top for my dual-tap tower. Ken, is this similar to what you had to do?

I thought that 2-tap towers were the same size as 1-tap towers (3" diameter). Mine's a dualie so I could be wrong about that.

#7 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:59 AM

I thought that 2-tap towers were the same size as 1-tap towers (3" diameter). Mine's a dualie so I could be wrong about that.

Was thinking the same thing. Guess it depends on the diameter, but frankly you just need a hole just big enough to run the beer line, along with a bit more space to ensure that the chilled air makes its way up the tower as well. I'm thinking there should be no problem putting a new tower on. I'd be surprised if you had to drill a larger hole. The spacing on the holes for the screws that hold the tower in may be off a bit, but still.

#8 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:54 AM

The spacing on the holes for the screws that hold the tower in may be off a bit, but still.

I think that this is what they are referring to. I'll re-post tomorrow when I get my new toy!

#9 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21374 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:57 AM

The thing about converting some of the dorm fridges is you have to do a lot of mods to it.Take out the inside of the door, (shelves, can holder). Add laminate to the inside of the door, (and drill about 17 million holes).Move the freezer.Relocate the temp. control.If I had it to do again, I'd be on one of these like white on rice. The current price I saw was marked down from 449.00. Add the beer out connections, and another beer line and tap. I think you could have one setup for less than 300.00 all told.Danbys, (4.5 ft3 or larger) around here are going for around 200.00 for the painted models. Add another 20.00 for the SS option and you still don't have the tower, lines or bar rail.

#10 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:20 AM

The thing about converting some of the dorm fridges is you have to do a lot of mods to it.Take out the inside of the door, (shelves, can holder). Add laminate to the inside of the door, (and drill about 17 million holes).Move the freezer.Relocate the temp. control.If I had it to do again, I'd be on one of these like white on rice. The current price I saw was marked down from 449.00. Add the beer out connections, and another beer line and tap. I think you could have one setup for less than 300.00 all told.Danbys, (4.5 ft3 or larger) around here are going for around 200.00 for the painted models. Add another 20.00 for the SS option and you still don't have the tower, lines or bar rail.

The Oster 5.0 was a relatively easy conversion. I actually spent more time putting caster wheels on the damn thing that I did anything else. The coils are in the back and there is no freezer to worry about. There is a back shelf that holds the CO2 tank and two kegs fit perfectly, provided you relocate the controls up about an inch. The top comes off and installing a tower is pretty easy, but you do need some plywood under the top to provide some support.

#11 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54151 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:42 PM

Chad: No, I didn't have to do that. They do make 2½ inch towers and they also make 3-inch jobbies... so it's possibly that if you went from one to the other, you'd have an issue. It's really hard to drill a hole in the top of your fridge when you have your fingers crossed... and when you don't have the right tools. But I did it without ruining the fridge or killing myself. When I went from a single tower to the double, I just removed one and installed the other. Cheers.

#12 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21374 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:11 AM

I just saw on the website that this keggerator also comes with a CO2 tank, (empty) and regulator.That's a great price with all that added to it.Too bad I have a converted wine cooler and 2 CO2 tanks already.

#13 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:56 AM

So I indeed did have to re-drill the holes for the screws to fit the dual-tap tower. Which wasn't a problem. And I can fit three kegs in there including the Co2 tank. So once I get my beer supply back up to where it should be, I can have two on tap, one cold-conditioning/lagering, and two or three sitting in secondaries! Boo-yah!She's up and running and chilled to 38 degrees! I will put my Black Dog Cream Ale on the gas tonight and enjoy my first pull in a couple of days!

#14 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:55 AM

So I indeed did have to re-drill the holes for the screws to fit the dual-tap tower. Which wasn't a problem. And I can fit three kegs in there including the Co2 tank. So once I get my beer supply back up to where it should be, I can have two on tap, one cold-conditioning/lagering, and two or three sitting in secondaries! Boo-yah!She's up and running and chilled to 38 degrees! I will put my Black Dog Cream Ale on the gas tonight and enjoy my first pull in a couple of days!

Congratulations!!!

#15 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:39 AM

Congratulations!!!

+1 Enjoy

#16 Patrick C.

Patrick C.

Comproller of Toilet Tank Vodka

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8899 posts
  • LocationAcworth GA

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:19 PM

I just saw on the website that this keggerator also comes with a CO2 tank, (empty) and regulator.

Hmmm....I may have to go grab one, then I'll have it when I can afford another house to put it in. :D

#17 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22502 posts
  • LocationIt's OK to be White

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:09 AM

Wow. That is a really good price. I'll go by HD today and snag one. I'll worry about SWMBO's scolding later. :D

#18 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22502 posts
  • LocationIt's OK to be White

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:51 PM

Wow. That is a really good price. I'll go by HD today and snag one. I'll worry about SWMBO's scolding later. :(

PWNED by HD. No kegerators at my local store. I was informed they were "seasonal." I stated that's kinda BS because it's getting over 100 here in Mexas right now. I was informed that this would be back in stock around December.The HD website has them for $399.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users