4 replies to this topic

#1 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18091 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

Anyone have any good recipes for them? I have just under a pound left and not sure what to use them in. I did the Galaxy Grissette that is in the recipe forum and it just did not work for me. Maybe some kind of simple blonde or American wheat beer? Hit me with what you got.

#2 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

I did a Wheat PA with them that was nice. I'm going to brew basically the same thing again this weekend.

#3 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18091 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

I did a Wheat PA with them that was nice. I'm going to brew basically the same thing again this weekend.

Did you use them only as late additions?

#4 Brauer

Brauer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts
  • Location1 mile north of Boston

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Any good pale ale recipe with Galaxy hops added late and heavy, like an IPA without the bitterness, should show them off well. Cavman's Bitter Galaxy is a great recipe.

#5 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54748 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

I did an APA that came out nicely. Base malt, possibly Munich or Vienna and a small amount of crystal 40 or 60 (4 ounces in 5 gallons) all to 5% or 6% and then Magnum to bitter and late Galaxy. I think I did a 15, 10, 5, whirlpool addition and a dry hop. It showcased the Galaxy quite nicely. I could easily see DJ's Wheat idea as well. I would guess the profile of the Galaxy hops could work nicely in a refreshing summer beer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users