#1 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

Comptroller of HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:17 PM

so i havent brewed in like forveer.. and havent touched brutus in even longer. i been a procastinating unmotivated lil bitch. long story short i have 5 days off...should I brew my ass off?or focus strictly on brutus?both? (and which would u focus more on?)hmm what styles should i brew?so much to plan and think about.....god its been soo long im stoked! i needed this!

#2 JReigle

JReigle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSan Leandro, CA

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:26 PM

My advice... spend your first day off brewing something not-terribly-complex to get back in the swing of things physically & mentally, and then spend the rest of your brewing time working on your brutus while that batch becomes beer. This way you'll have a nice fresh mindset to help keep things clear as you work on your project, as well as a new batch on the way. :cheers: I've got 4 days off, but 2 kids and no wife... have to figure out when I can squeeze out a batch :facepalm:

#3 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:35 PM

My advice... spend your first day off brewing something not-terribly-complex to get back in the swing of things physically & mentally, and then spend the rest of your brewing time working on your brutus while that batch becomes beer. This way you'll have a nice fresh mindset to help keep things clear as you work on your project, as well as a new batch on the way. :cheers: I've got 4 days off, but 2 kids and no wife... have to figure out when I can squeeze out a batch :facepalm:

good plan. i was thinking too maybe first day just dedicated to extreme cleaning cleanout my mashtun and kegs and all hat stuff very thoughly. then I was thinking maybe brewing 1-2 batchs (im a vinge brewer... maybe the reason i burn myself out and lose motivation.. ill brew like 3 batches in a week have no more space.. fill my kegs and hve no room to brew til the kegs are empty and by then i forget how fun is is almost...) but ya i think i maybe brew 1 or 2 batches while i tinker with the brutus. :-)

#4 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:45 PM

Welcome back Hiller... you've been noticeably absent.I'd do as suggested. Start with a nice easy batch on day 1 and then get to Brutus. The last time I brewed was Father's Day weekend, and that batch had to be dumped. So now I'm 5 gallons behind. In the interim, I started swapping out my barbs to go from 3/8 to 5/8, with new tubing. Also picked up a plate chiller and am in the process of putting together a heat diffuser to go in line after the plate chiller (all in an effort to recirc. the chilling water, which the test run looks like it'll go). So... maybe I'll head out into the garage and work on some copper in a few minutes and think about doing a 10 gallon NFP Cream Ale No. 2. Hiller... post pics of Brutus so we can see some progression.

#5 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

Welcome back Hiller... you've been noticeably absent.

Im gonna go out on a limb and guess that 90% of the people in this bored pleasantly noticed my asbense :cheers: :smilielol: :facepalm: :cheers:

#6 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:03 PM

Im gonna go out on a limb and guess that 90% of the people in this bored pleasantly noticed my asbense :cheers: :smilielol: :facepalm: :cheers:

yeah, you've left me high and dry with no "wing man".

#7 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

Did you get busted at work with homebrew again? :facepalm:

#8 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:12 PM

Did you get busted at work with homebrew again? :facepalm:

nope.. just been abusing my breaktime and ignoring the write-ups.. they use to not give a shit.. ive abused my breaktimes like since i work there.. and they recently have suddenly actually starting caring?? anywhoe i dont abuse it much. its like i have to be at 8% or lower.. nad i been anywhere around 9%.. this last writeup that got me suspended i was at like 8.05% a lil rediculous IMHO but w/e ill brew!

#9 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:48 AM

I too have hit a dry spell with the brewing. Getting married, honeymoon, moving and new job all in June and July kept me pretty well out of the brewery except to pour pints. I have two weeks off starting Aug 17th that I think I'll use to get the new brewery location in order and start cranking out some batches. Since I have the time I think I'll try out some recipes and styles that I haven't done yet.Hiller, have fun reigniting the addiction!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users