- - - - -

Copycat Recipe for Chipotle's Barbacoa in Slow Cooker

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 *_Guest_elkshadow_*

*_Guest_elkshadow_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

I've made this several times and it is really good. This website is where I found it.Combine:1/3 C. Cider Vinegar3 Tbl. Lime Juice3-4 Chipotle Peppers in adobo (I use 2 Tbl. Bufalo Salsa Chipotle)4 Tsp. Chopped Garlic4 Tsp. Cumin2 Tsp. Oregano1 Tsp. Black Pepper1 Tsp. Salt1/2 Tsp. Ground Cloves (I use less than this)in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, set aside.Cut up a 4 pound beef or pork roast into large chunks and brown them in a little oil over medium high heat. Put the browned meat chunks in the crock pot. Spread the adobo sauce over the chunks.Pour in 3/4 C. Chicken Broth or Stock (I pour this down the side so I don't wash the adobo off the meat)Add 3 Bay Leaves to the liquid, cover and cook on low all day or high half a day. Shred with a fork when done.Optional ingredients I've added include liquid smoke, cayenne, chili powder, canned green chilies and several others. I have settled on the basic recipe. The extra stuff just made it more complicated. The main things here are the garlic, cumin and cloves.I've made hard and soft tacos with this. I've piled it onto crushed Taco flavored Doritos. However I serve it, there's always some fresh pico, guac, sour cream, cilantro, etc...Enjoy!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users