14 replies to this topic

#1 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54243 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:07 AM

With my Ventmatic faucets, I originally got something like 11.75 or 12mm spouts which always created a hollow pour. I had the hardest time finding the 8mm spouts and it appeared that they stopped making them. I did eventually get one from another homebrewer but those 8mm spouts "dribbled" after you shut the faucet off. But I found these and the pour is great and the dribble happens just as you close the faucet which will eliminate the "full drip-tray problem". I picked up 2 of these and they work beautifully! Perfect pour. Cheers.

#2 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:23 AM

Enjoy Ken! I only wish I could keg my beer! :cheers:

#3 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64145 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:06 AM

Hey, for only one dollar more you can specify your hole size! Woo hoo! Custom beer hole!!!

#4 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:37 AM

nice! I will get these next month hopefully, and see how the pour improves. I've only had issue with the ventmatic pour, but I will get the spouts for both the ventmatic and the perlick faucets I have.

#5 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54243 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:57 AM

Woo hoo! Custom beer hole!!!

Not that there's anything wrong with it. No, not at all. :cheers:

#6 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:37 PM

That would be nice, but droppin another 51 clams on my faucets is a little tough to take. Have to think about it.I wonder if we got together and bought a BUNCH of them if he would cut an even better deal than the 8.50......

#7 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:43 PM

Do you have issues with your perlicks?

#8 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54243 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:44 PM

That would be nice, but droppin another 51 clams on my faucets is a little tough to take. Have to think about it.I wonder if we got together and bought a BUNCH of them if he would cut an even better deal than the 8.50......

Probably. He's also a homebrewer so maybe he would help the board out. When I saw them, I grabbed them immediately because I've been looking for 8mm for how long... 2 years maybe? Maybe start a group-buy thread and see who needs them. :cheers:

#9 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:28 AM

Do you have issues with your perlicks?

Issues? No, not really. However, sometimes the pour is a little hollow and that seems to foam things a little more than desired. That is kinda the other part of the cost. How much do I want to spend to "fix" a minor annoyance.

#10 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:05 AM

If someone gets a group buy on these I might be interested if the price is right. I'd only need 2.

#11 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54243 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:43 AM

I don't understand why there wasn't a choice when the faucets were purchased. My faucets are Ventmatic and they came with a bigger spout. I asked a few Perlick owners, "did you have a spout-size choice when you ordered?" and I thought the answer was no. I had hollow pours from day one with the larger spouts and no amount of psi fiddling would help.

#12 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54243 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:46 PM

I bumped into Mike (BLUEZL600EFI) this weekend (his shop is about 30 minutes from my house) and he tells me that he worked all weekend on these spouts (and some other surprises) and will be shipping them out on Monday. Apparently there has been quite a bit of activity regarding the spouts. Cheers.

#13 dondewey

dondewey

No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11705 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:43 PM

Yeah, why did they make these with the big spouts? I have perlicks and ventmatics and they are the same. $8.50 seems pricey, but when you consider that it is a custom machined piece of stainless, it's not too bad at all. I think I'll be putting in an order for 7.

#14 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:43 AM

I just ordered some a few days ago, and will be 'testing' them once they come in. Thanks again for the heads up on this!

#15 VolFan

VolFan

Comptroller of teh spr0ts

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13080 posts
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:54 AM

When I got my VM I asked for the 10mm ones opposed to the 12.5 The 10's pour good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users